Trail / Game Camera Buying

/ Trail / Game Camera Buying #1  

SandburRanch

Veteran Member
Tractor
NHtd75
Looking on ebay to see what is now available in the trail camera department I read a listing that re-newed and triggered my thoughts again on buying these cameras used.

This particular listing is for camera only. No box, no instruction manual, no batteries, no strap. These cameras are so easily stolen (not by real hunters) that some scum bags are attempting to make a business of it.

I would like to invite you to join me in avoiding these used purchases all together. The price difference between new in the original package, with a hap hazzard warranty, and used just isn't worth the eventual cost.

/ Trail / Game Camera Buying #2  
Used game cameras have NO warranty. If someone is selling it, it didn't perform for them and won't perform any better for you.

And yes, there is a lot of stuff on ebay that is stolen!

If you want a game/trail cam, do your homework. Talk to guys on archerytalk dot com, read reviews on Cabelas...
Then only buy one from a company that has a 100% money back guarantee.
Cabelas, bass pro, TSC will take back anything because of their 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Then if you find one you like, post reviews everywhere to help other newbies!

/ Trail / Game Camera Buying #3  
Trail Cam's use infrared senor that triggers the camera to take a picture when something crosses the beam. Depending on the camera you buy you can get literally hundreds of shots or videos.
Besides find out what wild game is on your hunting grounds you can also document the growth of animals from year to year, track specific animals, pattern their behavior, learn to manage your property, and watch for trespassers.
You can use your game camera's to get a n idea of which animals are using what trails and when.