TRAILER FOR BX24

/ TRAILER FOR BX24 #2  
bx24 is about 2700 lbs.im looking to .you need double axle with brakes.i dont single axle will do

/ TRAILER FOR BX24 #4  
I have a 16' car trailer I use to move mine around. I don't take it off my property very often though.

/ TRAILER FOR BX24 #5  
I have a 5' x 10', 3,500#, single-axle, no-brake trailer that is entirely NOT up to the duties of trailering my machine, even without the BH attached. Not only do the single tires roll under weight and the COG is all off, the difficulty of balancing tongue weight (with lack of space for proper tractor placement) and the uncertainty of no braking is very unnerving. It is also difficult to properly tie the machine down.

I am a couple of weeks from purchasing a 7' x 16' 7,000# dual axle car carrier. I can get one with slide-out ramps for $1,895 or one with fold-up ramps for $2,095. I'm liking the one with folding ramps since the ramps themselves have "stands" so I can drive my machine on the trailer without it necesarilly being connected to a vehicle. It also limits the upward force on the ball (and that uneasy feeling of something breaking) when loading the tractor.

Plus the car trailer has the added bonus of being able to carry a car. Never know when that may come in handy.

My Dad is retiring at the end of March and I'm helping him with some stuff around the house (adding culvert for the 5th Wheel, rebuilding driveway, installing privacy fence, etc.). I also have some things to do at my Mom's house (pulling up a stump from an old Pear tree). They both live 200 miles away. Being able to safely transport my machine will be a real help.

/ TRAILER FOR BX24 #7  
X3 - 7' x 16' 7,000# tandem axle

Mine has the fold down rear mesh gate with extra angle iron in the gate (longitudinally) to handle the weight of a larger vehicle. It also has electric brakes on both axles as required by my state DOT. The trailer manufacturer classifies it as a utility trailer, not a car hauler FWIW.

I hope to be able to off-load dirt and gravel directly using the tractor/FEL going up the rear gate.

The sides of my trailer are 18" high angle iron railings so there is no shortage of tie-down points.

/ TRAILER FOR BX24 #8  
CRAFTBENDER said:
What kind of trailer do you use to carry your Bx24? I'm thinking it weighs around a ton. Pictures would be great. Thanks.

What are you going to pull a trailer with and more importantly will it stop it?

/ TRAILER FOR BX24 #10  
lovemytoys said:
bx24 is about 2700 lbs.im looking to .you need double axle with brakes.i dont single axle will do

Advertised weight of a BX24 is 1542 Lb (700 kg). http://www.kubota.com/f/products/BX24specs.pdf

Get a trailer with brakes, either electric or hydraulic surge. Hydraulic surge don't require any additional equipment on the car, they work automatically by a master cylinder built into the coupler. No adjustment of the application system is needed. Used to be they weren't allowed on commercial interstate use but that has changed. Surge brakes don't like to back up a hill unless the trailer has "free backing" brakes. Electric brakes are the other option, and they need a controller in the tow vehicle. Hookup of the controller is now relatively simple on new light trucks with a plug built in to hood up the controller. The controller requires adjustment which varies with the load on the trailer to keep from locking up the wheels. My preference is an inertia type controller which varies the brakes depending on how fast you're stopping. The other, less expensive type applies the same amount of trailer brakes irrespective of how fast you're trying to stop.

Also get a trailer long enough to be able to position the tractor for the proper balance on the trailer - desired weight on the tongue is somewhere between 5% to 10% of the combined trailer and load weight. If you will also need to move any attachments consider space for them. Also consider where you will park the trailer and how you will manuver it into that space. Longer is not always better.

Another consideration may be local zoning ordinances. Where we live you can't keep a "landscaping" trailer in a residential area but can keep a car hauler. Best I could figure out (and I used to be on the ZBA) was a landscaping trailer had a fold-up ramp while a car hauler had detachable separate ramps.