Trailer Hitch Mod

/ Trailer Hitch Mod #1  

3RRL

Foothills of the Giant Sequoia's, California
Tractor
55HP 4WD KAMA 554 and 4 x 4 Jinma 284
Hi guys,
You may remember when I made my Quick Attach Gauge Wheels to fit my box blade, landscape rake and rotary mower?
I had the receptacles on the box blade, which is the implement I have on the tractor more than any other. I wanted to be able to tow a small trailer while I had the box blade on so I made this trailer hitch from some scrap steel and a scrap tube.
I reinforced the tube with some generous gussets for strength.

I made it so it pins into the rear of the boxblade.
But by adding a couple of lift pins and a vertical top link brace, I could use it as a regular tow bar right on the 3pt. What I like about this is now I can switch hitches to a ball or hook or clevis. Since my hydraulic winch is mounted on a platform that goes into a receiver, I can mount that into here as well.
Rob-

/ Trailer Hitch Mod #2  
What can I say Rob??

It is real neighborly of you to set such high standards, and then share, so that we have something to shoot for.

First class design, first class execution, (as usual) thank you for sharing.

Regards
Ron

/ Trailer Hitch Mod
Hi Ron,
Thanks for the comments!
I think to do some serious winching I'll need to add that vertical leg for the top link so I can also add a gusset in that direction too.
This one should be handy enough to haul a little trailer with my chainsaws and stuff in it though.:)

/ Trailer Hitch Mod #4  
Rob,

Could you share the details on the hydraulic winch?
Joe

/ Trailer Hitch Mod
Hi Joe,
It's a 10,500 lb Mile Marker 2 speed Hydraulic Winch model 70-50050C.
You'll have to look it up on the internet to get more specs on it. All I can say it's a pretty good strong winch.
Here is the original thread about it. Mile Marker Winch Project

/ Trailer Hitch Mod #6  
as one who has been just hanging around for a couple of weeks
I think it should be mandatory for a newcomer to just click on Robs profile and look for his posts
some awesome work and some very great ideas
thanks for sharing it all

/ Trailer Hitch Mod #7  
Rob it sorta looks like grader yellow paint under the red:D

tom

/ Trailer Hitch Mod #8  
Great use of your existing receivers on your box blade, looks like a very useful addition. I can think of many times I have had an implement on and had to remove it just to move the trailer. Very good idea and top notch construction.

/ Trailer Hitch Mod
Thank you guys, you guys are great!
Now to make my dinky little chainsaw trailer which is what I really plan to pull with that hitch.
I rarely use the guage wheels on the boxblade, so I might just leave that hitch on there. I also want to try the hydraulic winch back there. I've still got a few Buckbrush trees to yank out behind the home. I think I can plant the boxblade so the rear blade digs in to keep the tractor from sliding back? I might be able to do that in a couple weeks. I'll post some of that here and also on the log home thread.
Thanks for looking!
Rob-

/ Trailer Hitch Mod
Got a chance to use my new trailer hitch today.
I was gonna make some 16 foot long pallets to store some of the cut logs. I have that pile of building lumber left over and found about 20 pieces of 1 x 4 and 1 x 6 planks. So I chained them up and used the clevis to pull them to my work place. It was strong enough for that job, at least.
First use for the hitch so it's no cherry anymore. ;)
Rob-