Trailer Security

/ Trailer Security #41  
OkieG,

I thought I would show you a picture of my "small" trailer /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif.

RedDog

Attachments

• 47-210024-trucktrailer.JPG
    47-210024-trucktrailer.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 128
   / Trailer Security
Whoa!! Now that's a trailer.

I've seen pick-ups with those downsized semi-truck hitches in the middle of the bed. The other day I saw a pick-up in a parking lot with a hitch in the bed, for a trailer like yours. It looked like the hitch was removeable, held in place by pins. That means you could use the pick-up for other pick-up type stuff by taking the hitch out when you didn't need it. That is just too cool.

Some day when I get a BIG tractor, I'll be looking for your kind of a set-up. You've got me drooling.

OkieG

/ Trailer Security #43  
OkieG,

Your to kind /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

Here is a picture of my tractor that I purchased late this summer.

RedDog

Attachments

• 47-210067-TractorTrailerSideview.jpg
    47-210067-TractorTrailerSideview.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 137
   / Trailer Security #44  
<font color=blue>I've seen pick-ups with those downsized semi-truck hitches in the middle of the bed. </font color=blue>
They're called 5th wheel hitches. Usually used to pull travel trailers.

<font color=blue>The other day I saw a pick-up in a parking lot with a hitch in the bed, for a trailer like yours. It looked like the hitch was removeable, held in place by pins. That means you could use the pick-up for other pick-up type stuff by taking the hitch out when you didn't need it. </font color=blue>
A gooseneck (GN) trailer hitch. I have one in my truck. Used to pull our horse trailer. {see attached}

Attachments

• 47-210088-MVC-111F.jpg
    47-210088-MVC-111F.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 125
   / Trailer Security
Very nice! Very nice! The big toys always leave me in awe. Whenever I see construction TLBs along the road I slow down and gawk. It's a reflex. I have never used a "big" tractor, but even my little one amazes me at how much it can do. I can only imagine the chores your tractor would do with ease.

Do you think 65hp is too much for my 1.3 acres?? Only kidding....kind of. Thanks for the picture.

OkieG

/ Trailer Security
Hey Mike,

Thanks for sorting out the hitch definitions for me. As you can tell I am not fluent in the vernacular. Despite my knowledge deficit, my eye suffers no such flaw. As with RedDog, it looks to me like you have a great set-up. It looks good and looks like it will do the job. Beauty and function...what more could you want?

OkieG

/ Trailer Security #47  
Along the lines of auto theft prevention in this thread, there was an article in the paper this morning regarding a man that was found dead in a local hotel.

They evacuated the hotel because they found a strange looking device with wires sticking out; thought it was an explosive device.

Turned out that the guy was an inventor and he was in the area to show friends, etc. his invention, which was the device that the police found.

The device was an auto theft deterrent device that was evidently supposed to spray red die and shrapnel, including razor blades.

/ Trailer Security
Had the "strange looking device" done it's inventor in, or was it other causes? Sounds like one wrong move and your safety device could plant you.

/ Trailer Security #49  
OkieG,

65HP is a little much for 1.3acres,, maybe drop down to 50HP /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif.

My trailer is a goosneck setup. I do not like the 5th wheel setups,,,, take up to much room.

Later, RedDog

/ Trailer Security #50  
What is the difference between a fifth wheel hitch and a gooseneck hitch?