Trailer shaking at 60MPH

FTG-05

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330 w/FEL, Kubota RTV900, Kubota ZD326S
Have them balanced, then add 4-6 oz of antifreeze per tire.

Good luck.

airbiscuit

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland T2310, Kubota L3010 GST, New Holland TC21DA, Farmall H *** Previously - 1941 John Deere B, Shibaura SD1500, John Deere 850, Bobcat 642, New Holland 1925
What does the antifreeze do? Centrifugally balance?

Skeans1

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 6410, JD 730 Crop Row, Kubota B3030
IMG_2483.jpg

Complete Turf Care

Veteran Member
Tractor
2017 Kubota Grand L6060, 2011 Kubota L5740 HSTC-3
This is on a delta goosekneck flat bed. It has single wheels with two axles. I had a blow out last summer with about 10,000lbs on the trailer. Replaced the tire and after that the trailer wants to shake, enough to rattle the dash in the truck. Its fine until it gets up to around 60MPH. I did replace the other tire on the same axle which didn't help and I haven't touched the tires on the back axle. It doesn't seem nearly as bad when the trailer is loaded.

Would this be a problem with the first new tire I bought??

Do I need to replace the two tires on the back axle? They are the original tires on the trailer when it was new in 2009.

I guess my next step is to take that one tire back off and take it up to the shop and see if its really out of balance. I just didn't think a tire out of balance would cause that much shaking.

I had a similar issue on a 20' heavy duty bumper pull trailer. The dealer and I fought it for 2.5 years. We changed, rotated, and balanced tires several times and none of that solved the problem.

I was ready to trade the trailer, when my dealer called the factory to see if they could help. It turns out the bolt that the spring is supposed to rest on had been tightened too much and the spring could not rest on the bolt. After we opened up the shackle and allowed the spring to rest on the bolt, the bouncing went away.

In this picture taken before we opened up the shackle, you can see at the red arrow that the shackle is squeezed just a little and did not allow the spring to rest on the bolt.

spring shackle.jpg

fried1765

Tractor
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, 8N Ford, Gravely 12 HP "Professional", 48" SCAG Liberty
I had a similar issue on a 20' heavy duty bumper pull trailer. The dealer and I fought it for 2.5 years. We changed, rotated, and balanced tires several times and none of that solved the problem.

I was ready to trade the trailer, when my dealer called the factory to see if they could help. It turns out the bolt that the spring is supposed to rest on had been tightened too much and the spring could not rest on the bolt. After we opened up the shackle and allowed the spring to rest on the bolt, the bouncing went away.

In this picture taken before we opened up the shackle, you can see at the red arrow that the shackle is squeezed just a little and did not allow the spring to rest on the bolt.

View attachment 684992

Very interesting!