Security & Theft Trailer size feedback wanted

/ Trailer size feedback wanted #1  

J.Wal

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L3130
I have a Grand L 3130 Kubota with FEL. I am not buying a trailer any time soon, but always watching the market places for sales and private sales. If I find a deal, I want to know what I need. It’s no deal if it won’t do what I need it to.

My tractor is 3,200 lbs ( not sure if this includes FEL). I have recently added some weight to my box blade and believe it comes in at around 1,000 lbs.

Typically I expect if I take it off property it will be the tractor, FEL, box blade and a 5’ Brush hog ( planing to get a EA brand bush hog at 665 lbs). So ballpark weight total of 4,750 ( assuming FEL is part of the 3,200 of tractor)

What length trailer and what axels should I be looking for? Will one axle with brakes be enough? Or must have both?

Thanks for any feedback! Y’all are typically informative! That’s great for newbys

IMG_2483.JPG!

IMG_1122.JPG

/ Trailer size feedback wanted #2  
I have a Grand L 3130 Kubota with FEL. I am not buying a trailer any time soon, but always watching the market places for sales and private sales. If I find a deal, I want to know what I need. It’s no deal if it won’t do what I need it to.

My tractor is 3,200 lbs ( not sure if this includes FEL). I have recently added some weight to my box blade and believe it comes in at around 1,000 lbs.

Typically I expect if I take it off property it will be the tractor, FEL, box blade and a 5’ Brush hog ( planing to get a EA brand bush hog at 665 lbs). So ballpark weight total of 4,750 ( assuming FEL is part of the 3,200 of tractor)

What length trailer and what axels should I be looking for? Will one axle with brakes be enough? Or must have both?

Thanks for any feedback! Y’all are typically informative! That’s great for newbys

View attachment 541991!

View attachment 541992

Tractordata.com shows the weight for your tractor at 3305 Lbs (WITHOUT LOADER).
Box blade per your number = 1000 lbs.
Loader with bucket...maybe 800 lbs? (my guess)
Bush Hog....your number... 665 lbs.
Est. weight of trailer itself ... 3000 lbs.
Thus, your total = 8770 lbs.
You should get a 20' trailer with two 5000 lb. axles, and with brakes on BOTH axles.

/ Trailer size feedback wanted
You should get a 20' trailer with two 5000 lb. axles, and with brakes on BOTH axles.

Thanks for the info on with or without loader.

I just spoke to my father and he told me I should be able to weigh it all together at the steel plant he works at! So eventually I will trailer the tractor there and weigh the tractor with FEL to know that weight for sure, then weigh the box blade alone. Eventually I will have the exact numbers.

But the info you provided helps for sure for now! Thanks!

/ Trailer size feedback wanted #4  
I have a Grand L 3130 Kubota with FEL. I am not buying a trailer any time soon, but always watching the market places for sales and private sales. If I find a deal, I want to know what I need. It痴 no deal if it won稚 do what I need it to.

Typically I expect if I take it off property it will be the tractor, FEL, box blade and a 5 Brush hog ( planing to get a EA brand bush hog at 665 lbs). So ballpark weight total of 4,750 ( assuming FEL is part of the 3,200 of tractor)

Thanks for any feedback! Y誕ll are typically informative! That痴 great for newbys

View attachment 541991!

View attachment 541992

You should get a 102" wide 20' equipment trailer with two 5000 lb. axles, and with brakes on BOTH axles.
You might want to consider a new trailer from Kaufman trailers in NC.
They have great pricing, and a great reputation among TBNers.
Do NOT make the all to often made mistake, of not buying ENOUGH TRAILER!

/ Trailer size feedback wanted
Do NOT make the all to often made mistake, of not buying ENOUGH TRAILER!

I surly don’t want to do that! There are some trailer places here in the TN/ AR/ MS area that would have something like this! Not ready to buy one and don’t need one often so not night on the list. But if a deal case up, I would at least know it fits my needs!

/ Trailer size feedback wanted #6  

View attachment 541991!

View attachment 541992

You might want to consider a new trailer from Kaufman trailers in NC.
They have great pricing, and a great reputation among TBNers.

/ Trailer size feedback wanted #7  
20’ foot will be cutting it close if your wanting to haul everything, I have a 20’ and mine fills it up real fast. You can always set everything in your driveway or yard as if it were on a trailer and get a idea of how long a trailer you’ll want. I also agree with fried on the axles and buy enough trailer the first time.

/ Trailer size feedback wanted #8  
Now I will really throw you for a spin.

Tractor
Have an L3130, loaded tires, LA723 loader with extra hydraulics, and Bradco 408 backhoe.

Trailer
Load Trail 20ft steel deck trailer with 4ft stationary and 16ft tilt section with 2 7k Dexter Torflex axles with brakes on each plus tongue tool box with 6 binders and chains.

While I have never taken tractor to the scale by itself to get weight of tractor and hoe, when loaded on trailer with hoe and an extra bucket the trailer and tractor are well over 10k and getting closer to the 14k limit for the trailer.

With the tractor having a 5ft brush hog on the back the tail wheel is hanging off the end of the trailer and bucket flat at the front rail there is enough sticking out that if you had flip up ramps you would have a problem.

A 22ft trailer would be ideal but the economics of things the 20 and 24 have better utilization of materials, with you not having a hoe I would get at least the 10K trailer. Also depending on how the tractor is set up with implements you may not always run the loader up to the front rail on the trailer as you get real heavy on tongue weight.

So get at least a 20 ft 10K, sometimes 14k axles are not much more.

Torsion axles are not everyone's first choice and picky on weight distribution and leveling but they do give a nice ride when balanced and level.

David

/ Trailer size feedback wanted #9  
I have an 18' trailer now. With my tractor, FEL, and 6' brush hog, it hangs over the back of my trailer by several feet.

20170715_123357.jpg

If you then want to also be able to haul it with a box blade as well, I would seriously consider 24' as the absolute minimum.

My next trailer will be a 26-28' deckover gooseneck.

/ Trailer size feedback wanted #10  
. Do NOT make the all to often made mistake, of not buying ENOUGH TRAILER!
Someone else owns my 15+5 10k trailer because it was not enough trailer. I currently have a 22k duel tandem 20+5 trailer.