Trailer, towing, weight questions.

/ Trailer, towing, weight questions.
I have an open 6 x 10 trailer that I had specially built to be very strong but to be lightweight enough for me to move it around by myself on flat surfaces. It is strong enough to handle my scut but not long enough for it. While my scut could move it around just fine empty . . If I filled it . . My scut would not be able to control it on uphill or downhill movement. I'd have the power . . But not the tractor weight or wheelbase. I bought a Polar Industries cart to haul heavy loads with my scut. It can handle 1500 pounds of payload plus the 225 pound cart.

Axke can you post a picture of the polar utility cart. Weather it attached to the back of the tractor or on the side of it, i just see the overll size. I have been looking at it online and like it alot. Might even return what i bought from home depot and order the tandem axle hd500.

/ Trailer, towing, weight questions. #12  
Axke can you post a picture of the polar utility cart. Weather it attached to the back of the tractor or on the side of it, i just see the overll size. I have been looking at it online and like it alot. Might even return what i bought from home depot and order the tandem axle hd500.

Greetings Niko,

I got the single axle version from the local Farm and Fleet store on sale. In addition I got the addon "sides" which comes in really handy for bulky loading to haul a big load of leaves or hay or whatever. The wide wheels mean its much less of sn issue on lawns as the wheels are like lawn tractor tires instead of trailer tires. The dual axle unit has the same body (size and material) as the single axle and handles the same payload. But the dual axle would be nice for 2 reasons . . It can self stand if you use your tractor to load dirt or mulch or rock into the trailer . . Or if you are going over rough land.

The 1500 lb version in single or dual axle is solid built and won't rust and can hold water. Price between the 2 items is different obviously but a heavier larger choice than all the others I considrred

If you're looking at it from the link I sent before . . thats as good as any picture I could post. Attaches to the back of the tractor nicely. In my case . . I used the mount hole under the 3 pt originally . . But then I now added an integrated 3 pt trailer mover and ballast that I designed and built that has a 2 inch receiver in it and so I now hook the trailer to that so it sits back further for tight turns and is height adjustable to because its on the 3pt. Either way it works well. If I were hauling rock or wood I'd probably add a real simple piece of removable plywood so I could drop heavy things in without being careful. By the way . . the trailer is very easy to keep clean . . But it sure can haul a load. Hauled concrete blocks and many bags of concrete with it . . Took out the piece of plywood I used to protect the floor from concrete block scratching. . Wiped it out quick and hauled it full of fertiltilizer bags right after.

Well if u hve time one day id just like to see it on on our tractor. The pic i posted up on the first page and hopefully your picture wil give me a ruff idea if i should in invest in the hd1500 polar. I like the fact of the loading part with the dual axle version.

But i am lol confused because the belly sides of the polar dipes down, so im wondering if the hurts it when it comes to loading prodcuts. Yes u can get the side bars, nut i cam also can get the sode bars for my 17cu ft cart. Im also curios to kmow if both cart have the same material. Mine is a brinly hardy.

Anyways the bigger the better for stuff i gues as the polr hd1500 is 22cubic ft vs the brinly hardy which is 17.

/ Trailer, towing, weight questions. #14  
Well if u hve time one day id just like to see it on on our tractor. The pic i posted up on the first page and hopefully your picture wil give me a ruff idea if i should in invest in the hd1500 polar. I like the fact of the loading part with the dual axle version.

But i am lol confused because the belly sides of the polar dipes down, so im wondering if the hurts it when it comes to loading prodcuts. Yes u can get the side bars, nut i cam also can get the sode bars for my 17cu ft cart. Im also curios to kmow if both cart have the same material. Mine is a brinly hardy.

Anyways the bigger the better for stuff i gues as the polr hd1500 is 22cubic ft vs the brinly hardy which is 17.

Niko,

The link below shows s video on the hd1200 and hd1500 trailers and the dual axle models as well.

I looked on the internet on the brinly trailer you have.

It looks to me like your comparing 2 quite different trailers. 17 cu. Ft vs. 22 cu. Ft is not the issue imo.

The brinly has a weight payload of 850 pounds and the polar hd1500 is 1500 pounds. That is a huge difference.

The wheels on the brinly are 16 x 6.5 inches and the wheels on the polar are 18 x 8.5.

The length of the brinly INCLUDING HITCH BAR is 6 inches longer than just the trailer box of the polar (not considering hitch bar).. in other words the brinly trailer could fit inside the polar trailer.

https://www.google.com/url?q=http:/...EeRlbQ&usg=AFQjCNGyBHSE42cYPrcR3_3bMgu7brMoxg

The picture must not do it jutice at all. The polar look smll.

If anyone ever see the polar hd1500 (8262)tandem axle lower then 630 with free shipping please send a link.

/ Trailer, towing, weight questions. #17  
Ooklaa, I know where you are there are no Farm and Fleet stores or Fleet Farm stores or Theisens stores. but each of these carries one or more Polar products and Farm and Fleet carties all of them in stire except the dual axle product. However I'm sure they can order it. . . . and they do have a website farmandfleet.com

As I recall Polar is a Minnesota company. I would have to believe that in your part of the country . . there are franchise chains that carry these ATV and Farm related products.

I know that when I got the single axle version at Farm and Fleet . . It was on sale for less than what the Polar website was advettising it for by a nice discount.

/ Trailer, towing, weight questions. #18  
I think the OP was about a trailer that could haul the tractor and a tractor that could safely pull the trailer loaded. I have a Massey 1010 with turf tires and a 4 x 8 utility trailer. I made 3 foot sides for my trailer so I could haul 3 cubic yards of mulch at a time (2100 lbs). I pull it with a Dodge Dakota 3.9l 5-speed. At the house, I hitch the tractor to it and put the trailer exactly where I want it in the plant beds.

If I reverse the rear tires on the tractor (dish in), I can take the sides off my trailer and put the tractor in it for transport.

The 1010 weighs about 1300 lbs, is rear wheel drive only, and the only problems I have with a load of mulch is making sure I can stop it on a hill.

I do not recommend a 3 pt hitch draw bar adapter. You can tow with it but always remember that the hitch is designed to lift, not to hold anything in a down position. So a trailer that is not balanced can actually raise the hitch, at least on my 1010.

Ill take my time and wait for a good price. Clam Outdoors they are the distributor for them polar trialers.

Yes the thread first started about the weight and what i can pull with my Gc1720. The hd1500 tandem axle 1500 pound payload sounds like a Lot of firewood to me :). Just gonna wait to see if i can get a better price.

/ Trailer, towing, weight questions. #20  
Ooklaa, have you had a chance to use your Nassey in snowclearing yet:) If so, how dud ut go?