Trailer

/ Trailer #1  

ray59873

How important is owning a trailer for your tractor? I am 60 miles from the nearest dealer over a pass. I will be using the tractor on my property probably exclusively. Thing is that I can buy more tractor if I don't get the trailer. I even can get a heavier tractor without worrying about putting brakes on the trailer. I could get better service if I could take the tractor to them. Otherwise, I don't think I would need it.

/ Trailer #2  
Ray,
The dealers in my area will do on site service or pick up a tractor and take it to the shop for a fee. If you don't need to use your tractor places besides your property I'd get the bigger tractor. The major brands just don't break enough to worry about getting them to the dealer.
Just my thoughts.

MarkV

/ Trailer #3  
I agree with MarkV. If getting the tractor back and forth to the dealer is the only reason you're considering buying a trailer, I'd forget it. Of course, most of us use the trailers for lots of other things, too.

Bird

/ Trailer
Thanks for the advise. Yes, I do want a trailer for the many good things that a trailer can do. I would hope that I could use it behind the tractor to haul wood, slash, and whatever as well as behind the truck to haul the tractor. I really think a tandem wheel trailer would be too much for what I need most of the time.
I will ask the dealers about on site service. Getting a larger tractor and a smaller trailer is what I really want. Rent when I have to from there.

Ray