Transport of Equipment in Dump Trailers

/ Transport of Equipment in Dump Trailers
LarryRB said:
we're probably 60 miles apart or so. amazing what the difference does in weather patterns. We usually get a good amount of snow,. 74 air miles from the sound or ocean waters to you who live elsewhere but faithfully read this forum, and we are at 1000-1200 ft above mean sea level.. This year I can't remember how much snow we got as it was few and far between... When you have the big move, then call, I'll come with my tractor and together we'll knock it out:)
I need to remember how high up it is over there where you live. My econo-car barely makes those hills. Your weather SHOULD be different than mine down here at 165-175 ft or so. :cool:

Something tells me that you on your L48 would work rings around me on my 4110! :eek: But now I've got my wider, heavier-duty FEL bucket and a Bradco fixed thumb on my 509 (soon to be hydraulic!!!)... so I'm trying to beat your experience, steady hand and trusty ORANGE machine with upgrades and fancy gadgets! :D

Actually, I was just over drooling all over an L48 the other day. That is one amazingly tough looking hoe. When I finally win that lottery, I need to be ready to pounce! :D

Dougster

/ Transport of Equipment in Dump Trailers #52  
I had a 4110 Mahindra with the Bradco 511 hoe. Had the PTO pump and tank, worked very well other than climbing on and off constantly... I would recommend that to anyone, however I was told by at least two Mahindra dealers, they will not allow the 511 on the 4110 model anymore,, I can see this as if you never run a hoe before, the 511 can "bat" around that 4110 very easily.. We'll get together one of these days soon,
larry

/ Transport of Equipment in Dump Trailers
LarryRB said:
I had a 4110 Mahindra with the Bradco 511 hoe. Had the PTO pump and tank, worked very well other than climbing on and off constantly... I would recommend that to anyone, however I was told by at least two Mahindra dealers, they will not allow the 511 on the 4110 model anymore,, I can see this as if you never run a hoe before, the 511 can "bat" around that 4110 very easily.. We'll get together one of these days soon,
larry
Funny you should mention that Larry. I was just going through the pix section of TBN tonight trying to find a good clear shot of the back end of a newer 4110 for reference (I'm installing a second remote set and having a few "issues") and I came across your old pix of your 4110/511. I noticed right off that yours did not have the welded brackets for the thumb... interesting... but more importantly, as had been brought up recently, that monster 511 truly does dwarf the 4110! :eek: As much as I would love one for the added reach, perhaps I better think again before jumping at a used one. Maybe there really are some good and sound reasons why Mahindra backed off other than the hydraulic flow issue. :rolleyes:

Dougster