Triple Barn Find

/ Triple Barn Find #1  

newbie11

Tractor
Ford 3400
So a home that I recently purchased had these three guys in a barn on the property. It is an older home, but most of its track had been sold off; so it is an old farmhouse smack dab in the middle of a suburb.

If any of you fine folks have any information on these, or what the heck I should do with them, I would really appreciate it.

Flickr

EDIT: personal contact is reck.jarrad@gmail.com. Thanks again.

/ Triple Barn Find #2  
Both tractors with mid mount cutter are definitely antique. The farmall cub with the woods belly mower is a nice collector tractor. Some people with a big acreage yard mow with them, they can also be set up with front and rear cultivators and a lot of people still use them in the garden. Some have electric start and others use the front handle to crank them Not sure on the on with the mid mount sickle bar mower but the mid mount sickle bar mower is something you don’t see to often anymore. The ford 3400 is probably the newest and it looks like it is setup to run a front blade or snow plow. You could keep all three if you have a use for them or sell the ones you won’t use.

/ Triple Barn Find #3  
So a home that I recently purchased had these three guys in a barn on the property. It is an older home, but most of its track had been sold off; so it is an old farmhouse smack dab in the middle of a suburb.

If any of you fine folks have any information on these, or what the heck I should do with them, I would really appreciate it.

Flickr

EDIT: personal contact is reck.jarrad@gmail.com. Thanks again.

The Yellow 1 is an industrial version of a Ford 3000 built around 1967

It has a much heavier built front axle and stronger cast engine oil pan for mountiing a front end loader.

Great Find on Both of those Ford tractors:thumbsup:

/ Triple Barn Find
Thanks for the replies, gentlemen - the property itself wouldn't require anything near the horsepower of any of these guys, plus trying to get a family going is daunting/expensive as all get-out.

I suppose I'll start researching makes, models, and attachments, prep them for sale as best I can, and find a good home for them.

Thanks again; you guys are great.

/ Triple Barn Find #5  
We still use our old Fords for bush hogging, dad bought it new and still going. Our local New Holland Kubota owner has an antique tractor meet every year, might check one out. They sell really quiick around here to use "as is" or restoration.

/ Triple Barn Find #7  
That 3400 with a 6' bushhog will cut anything and that tractor will crawl on hillsides to the point of flat out scary. Right after high school I worked for the county highway department and spent the summer on road maintenance crews. I ran a John Deere 5300 and then ended up on a Ford 3400 and didn't want to give it up. I stayed on that one the rest of the summer, very stable, low center of gravity, traction galore, I really liked that rig and our county has some wicked hillsides and banks along roads.

/ Triple Barn Find #8  
The red one with the belly mower is a Farmall Cub. Around here they bring around $1,500-$1,800 in good working condition, the serial number plate is right above the steering shaft on the front housing. The other red one is a Ford 601 or 641 and will bring around $2,800-$3,500 depending on how it runs, the serial number is stamped into the housing right behind the clutch and will say 601 or 641. I don't know what the 3400 Ford would bring around here, don't see many of them.