Trouble finding insurance for tractor

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #21  
KTAC both emailed and called as soon as I paid my loan off early to see if I wanted to continue coverage. Did they not contact you or was there a reason you elected not to go with them again? Just curious.
For $155 in my particular situation I decided to try a year with them and decide next year if I want to continue or not.
My understanding is that they cover mechanical breakdowns and other things no insurance company will. I'm not even sure JD's coverage does that.

Home/farm insurance covers only theft, fire, storms, maybe flood, but nothing related to machine failures

I'd say, if you have it and can keep it after the loan is paid off, that might be the best way to go.

Unless, maybe that part of it doesn't continue after the initial warranty period?

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #22  
My understanding is that they cover mechanical breakdowns and other things no insurance company will. I'm not even sure JD's coverage does that.

Home/farm insurance covers only theft, fire, storms, maybe flood, but nothing related to machine failures

I'd say, if you have it and can keep it after the loan is paid off, that might be the best way to go.

Unless, maybe that part of it doesn't continue after the initial warranty period?

The rep that I spoke with over the phone says that it's theft, fire, physical damage due to to accident, etc. that's covered by KTAC but mechanical breakdowns were not covered.
Maybe they were during the loan period, I can't say for sure. But now that I've paid the tractor off I'm told no on mechanical breakdowns.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #23  
My homeowner's said covered as would be any rider mower when I read them the specs for my Mt180D as long as it was on my property.
Few years later they changed the specs to exclude any tractor that had a FEL.
Guess they read up on CUT's and their capabilities.

Then is our highway code.
Here in Quebec the code reads that any motorized vehicle capable of carrying a human must be licensed be it on or off road.
Now that obscure law would make any LEO's quota easy to attain should he desire.
We do however have a "P" plate for off road vehicles which contractors use for their tracked equipment as "W" (work plates) are very costly.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #24  
Without insurance I would automatically be considered at fault.
Where i grew up and here, insurance is not required for farm equipment on roads. No fault issues as long as i have the SMV emblem and lights as wide as the equipment.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #25  
If you are proposing not carrying insurance, ....ask me.
In 1987 I had a fire loss of $240,000.
I figure that I could pay homeowner insurance premiums for well over 100 years, and still be ahead of the game.
But you are the exception. That is what i am saying - odds are much higher you won't need insurance than you will. And IF you are a gambler (lottery inc there) then you should understand odds.

But if you are Not a gambler, and just simply very risk averse, then yes u need insurance for peace of mind......

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #26  
You will find thread after thread on this. First even with each company what they will offer can and most likely will vary from state to state and sometimes even within a state. Second the coverage between the plans vary greatly as has been said in various words. Kubota or John Deere's coverage cover the equipment "I" have found to be the best but you are paying the price of course. Yes they often end with loan pay off and my JD dealer pointed that out to me when buying and said not to pay off early for that reason even if you only had $100 owing.

I have no doubt many agents or agencies who sell homeowner insurance would be slow in answering you on covering the tractor EVEN if their company will. They just don't sell it often and what they make is so little it is honestly not near profitable for the time they will spend to get the info they need. However if they have your home and or other coverage they should consider the over all profit of the business and not just this one coverage.

I am in SC and here FB insured my lasted tractor but only because I had other coverage with them. If all else fails call an agency who sells commercial insurance, you know for businesses and they should had product but at a price above what you are reading here. I have no idea in NC but if it will be on the road even mower should verify if you are required to have insurance in case of an accident.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #27  
Try Farm Bureau. They do farm and ranch equipment and liability.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #28  
Where i grew up and here, insurance is not required for farm equipment on roads. No fault issues as long as i have the SMV emblem and lights as wide as the equipment.
Generally the insurance requirement is tied to financing requirements rather then liability.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #29  
Got a reply from KTAC today. $39 a year to add the loader to my current $155 policy.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #30  
An Inland Marine policy if you want a stand alone tractor policy.
Virtually all agents can sell them.
That's what we did before we had a farm policy.