Trouble finding insurance for tractor

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #41  
Interesting. KTAC was quite happy to add a factory backhoe to my coverage when I bought it for my Grand L after a couple of years. Of course that was quite a while ago and maybe things are different now. Never had a claim with KTAC but appreciated the coverage.

In the end KTAC told me I could add it after I sent them a copy of the dealer receipt with price and serial number. I did so and they gave me the price and a phone number with a particular extension to call and told me that I had to do it that same day that they emailed me. Called early afternoon and got the guy's voicemail. He never returned the call.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #42  
In the end KTAC told me I could add it after I sent them a copy of the dealer receipt with price and serial number. I did so and they gave me the price and a phone number with a particular extension to call and told me that I had to do it that same day that they emailed me. Called early afternoon and got the guy's voicemail. He never returned the call.
Hard to sell something - even insurance - if you don't return customer calls! Don't know if that "do it today" thing was a legit deadline or the old car salesman line about buying today.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #43  
Farm bureau insured my Branson 3515 100% for fire, damage or theft on or off the property no matter what for just over $100 a year great company. I have my ranch, house and vehicles all insured with them

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #44  
Farm bureau insured my Branson 3515 100% for fire, damage or theft on or off the property no matter what for just over $100 a year great company. I have my ranch, house and vehicles all insured with them
I certainly do hope that your coverage is exactly as you post.
I do not trust insurance companies!
Did you verify that you are covered on Thursdays?
Every Thursday?

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #45  
I had my first tractor under homeowners until I retired - kind of - got bored and started farming again where I left off when I graduated from college. That’s when I discovered my homeowners did not cover my tractor reading between farms during those previous years. So now I have a farm policy with most of my more expensive equipment covered. All my equipment covered up to 250 miles from my home address. Have an extra $3 million umbrella liability. Glass was a $1000 deductible until my first broken windshield - then I added a rider that brings it down to $100 deductible. It’s too bad my agent doesn’t write more farm policies because I learn of the hidden items, like the ability to reduce the glass deductible, after an incident. I was startled to find that when clearing snow off my driveway, if I pushed it across the road into the ditch and got hit due to frosted windshield, I would be liable with no insurance because the road is considered off property. Neighbor of mine left his 4wd articulated tractor on a field he rented, didn’t own, and it burned. Total loss and he had to eat the entire replacement - thought his homeowners covered it.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #46  
I had my first tractor under homeowners until I retired - kind of - got bored and started farming again where I left off when I graduated from college. That’s when I discovered my homeowners did not cover my tractor reading between farms during those previous years. So now I have a farm policy with most of my more expensive equipment covered. All my equipment covered up to 250 miles from my home address. Have an extra $3 million umbrella liability. Glass was a $1000 deductible until my first broken windshield - then I added a rider that brings it down to $100 deductible. It’s too bad my agent doesn’t write more farm policies because I learn of the hidden items, like the ability to reduce the glass deductible, after an incident. I was startled to find that when clearing snow off my driveway, if I pushed it across the road into the ditch and got hit due to frosted windshield, I would be liable with no insurance because the road is considered off property. Neighbor of mine left his 4wd articulated tractor on a field he rented, didn’t own, and it burned. Total loss and he had to eat the entire replacement - thought his homeowners covered it.
This is exactly why I DO NOT TRUST insurance companies, or their agents.
You never truly know how good, or bad, your coverage is, until you have a claim!

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #47  
That's why I keep harping on the need for liability insurance. Your policy tells exactly what is and isn't covered; it may be written in Lawyerese in fine print, but should be there.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #48  
Wow. I am glad i don't live on maine then. "Fault" should have nothing to do with having insurance or not. Something isn't right with that political illogic. Thanks for explaining...
If you can prove you weren't at fault then the other driver pays... or just carry insurance. Personally I have never understood "no-fault" insurance; why should my rates go up because somebody blew through a stop sign and hit me? When I started working in NY I had to find a new GL policy because they are no-fault; my rates went from a bit under $300, to over $1800.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #49  
I certainly do hope that your coverage is exactly as you post.
Did you verify that you are covered on Thursdays?
Every Thursday?
(Or lawyers?----)
Insurance agents like to quote favorable rates but forget to include details like distance from a hydrant? or even distance from the fire station.
I am thinking some agents are as slippery as used car sales people.

One owner paid his premiums religiously but was hit by lightening and hence burned to nothing.
Well they decided that since he did not up his values he was co-insured and gave him 1/2 of his actual value. I know since I now am built on that site. In MHO the agent/insurer was in the wrong by not advising him of these conditions.
My present insurer does an annual evaluation with occasional revisions that reflect economical changes.
Scary since COVID and crazy prices Iwonder whatnext revision will be like.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #50  
in our area the best bets are Farm Bureau and Country (used to be cotton states)
i see some posts that say umbrella for xx
in our area the word umbrella relates to liability insurance...
" a man may have insurance on a lot of equipment and in that case, he may have a "blanket" and adding equipment would be easy...
i see posts about it's included on my home policy...

bottom line of my concern is this.... with the various words and definitions of these words may i suggest that folks, Write their agent after getting coverage and say something like this...

"agent smith, you were so helpful to me today... insuring my kubota 5200 for fire/theft/collision for up to acv or 25000 for only 250 with a 1000 deductible. you informed me that my pre existing liability coverage would cover any accident where the tractor was involved.. i forgot to tell you that i have about 5,000 in implements also... are they included ?? in my policy..? thanks again for your help."

the purpose of a writing is to confirm what you have bought... did you get collision and fire and do you have liability coverage to pay for an accident where your grandchild runs over a neighbor kid and squashes him? after telling the agent what you think you bought... you should ask a question that leads the agent to write you back... this will be your confirmation that what you put down is correct! put his answer in your insurance file.

i'm an ex insurance person... so often what the person thought he bought was not what he bought. and now that his $20,000 tractor is in the pond or that his neighbor got drunk and killed someone on the roadway, while he was cutting grass for the owner, the tractor owner often finds out, that he has no coverage. or only coverage for one part of the damage.... maybe the insurance will pay for the liability claim (the folks in the car that the tractor hit) but not coveage for the wrecked and totalled tractor...