Trying To Decide Between CK 2610 HST or CK 3510 HST SE

/ Trying To Decide Between CK 2610 HST or CK 3510 HST SE
When I was shopping the 2610 vs 3510 was an extra $1800. The SE of the 3510 was $3500 more yet.

SO I got a 3510 WITH: horn, floor mat, loaded tires, cruise, link pedal, mirror, arm rest, 2 rear remotes - TOTAL for these options was $695.

More HP is ALWAYS a good thing - and DPF is GOOD THING as well - NO SMELLS NO SMOKE!....

Options seem reasonably priced, and yes more hp is always welcome. Not sure about dpf being a GOOD THING but it sounds like it's not intrusive.

/ Trying To Decide Between CK 2610 HST or CK 3510 HST SE #12  
Options seem reasonably priced, and yes more hp is always welcome. Not sure about dpf being a GOOD THING but it sounds like it's not intrusive.

I had an old kubota, 2 cyl from 74. I also drive school bus soem of the time.

diesels STINK.

If you're not sure about that go sniff the tail pipe on a DPF (or dpf/def on road vehicles) pipe - NO SMELL AT ALL. None. Zip.

Maybe you don't care about the air I breathe, but you should care about the air YOU breathe! LOL

When I start it up in the barn, or use it in the barn to move hay and sawdust and pallets there is no odor at all. I like that. I'm sure you will too.

KIoti dealer told me the filter should last 3000 hours and costs $300 to replace...chump change, assuming I'll have the tractor in anotehr 2780 hours.

There is a tiny bit of smell when it's regenning, sort of a burnt smell, not quite like a charcoal grill but close (the burnt fat/meat/carbon smell)

/ Trying To Decide Between CK 2610 HST or CK 3510 HST SE #13  
I had an old kubota, 2 cyl from 74. I also drive school bus soem of the time.

diesels STINK.

If you're not sure about that go sniff the tail pipe on a DPF (or dpf/def on road vehicles) pipe - NO SMELL AT ALL. None. Zip.

Maybe you don't care about the air I breathe, but you should care about the air YOU breathe! LOL

When I start it up in the barn, or use it in the barn to move hay and sawdust and pallets there is no odor at all. I like that. I'm sure you will too.

KIoti dealer told me the filter should last 3000 hours and costs $300 to replace...chump change, assuming I'll have the tractor in anotehr 2780 hours.

There is a tiny bit of smell when it's regenning, sort of a burnt smell, not quite like a charcoal grill but close (the burnt fat/meat/carbon smell)

This was the biggest surprise I got after taking delivery of my tractor. In the past when I had a tractor in my small conditioned shop, I shut it off as soon as I pulled it in & started it just before pulling it out. If I had to work on it while it was running, I had to do that outside. If I did not do that, the smell made it difficult to work in the shop for a couple of days. With the new tractor that has a DPF, there is no smell at all. I have not gone through a regen yet. Maybe my mind will change when that happens.

Oh there's no doubt that DPF's are good for the air we breath and fine particulates are the most damaging kind to our lungs. I had an older Kubota, around a 2,000 model, and I could definitely smell it. The newer B2650 had almost no smell, maybe when I put a load on the engine and revved it up it'd put out just the slightest puff of visible exhaust and a bit of smell but that was it.

I'm still torn between the CK2610 with some options and remotes or just springing for a 3510SE to get all the goodies (most of them I want anyway) along with a little more power. Prices that I've been quoted seem a little higher than what I've seen others on the forum here get. Closest dealer is just 30 miles or so up the road in PA and quoted $17,900 for 2610 HST with loader but I'd have to add for rear remotes and whatever else I wanted. Or $21,200 for a 3510SE HST with loader, which already has the two rear remotes. For either add around $600 more for third function, so $21,800 "out the door".

/ Trying To Decide Between CK 2610 HST or CK 3510 HST SE #15  
Out the door I was 22,500 for 2018 ck3510hst w/loader, r4 tires - that included 993 for 6 years insurance, the 695 for the options and the zero percent financing, which wasn't itemized on the paperwork but I hear can be a grand upfront.

So 21,500, 20,500 if the financing fee was a grand, so that works back to 19700 or so without the options and all that jazz. I have a farm so no sales tax.

Now that was last summer..steel is up, a new model year is here...so I'd expect 3-5% increase.

I was told the 2610 was 1000 less and the 40hp was 1800 more than the 35. the SE he said was 3500 more...which doesn't seem to be what i've seen people quote online. I added a toolbox (free), don't have tilt steering (oh well, don't adjust it on my car or truck..so I don't care), electric pto button over the lever (i prefer a lever) and the extendable links, which might be nice. Haven't checked to see what they'd cost to add on, probably not much as kioti parts are not stupid costly like kubota. I couldn't justify 2800 more for those 3 things. I think the SE was new then, and they didn't have any, so they were pushing what they had to sell. (webster and lamb grove city pa)

Oh there's no doubt that DPF's are good for the air we breath and fine particulates are the most damaging kind to our lungs. I had an older Kubota, around a 2,000 model, and I could definitely smell it. The newer B2650 had almost no smell, maybe when I put a load on the engine and revved it up it'd put out just the slightest puff of visible exhaust and a bit of smell but that was it.

I'm still torn between the CK2610 with some options and remotes or just springing for a 3510SE to get all the goodies (most of them I want anyway) along with a little more power. Prices that I've been quoted seem a little higher than what I've seen others on the forum here get. Closest dealer is just 30 miles or so up the road in PA and quoted $17,900 for 2610 HST with loader but I'd have to add for rear remotes and whatever else I wanted. Or $21,200 for a 3510SE HST with loader, which already has the two rear remotes. For either add around $600 more for third function, so $21,800 "out the door".

/ Trying To Decide Between CK 2610 HST or CK 3510 HST SE #16  
The tilt steering gives you more knee room for entering and exiting the cramped operator station. I leave my wheel in the full up position, and the small floor hump still makes entering somewhat problematic.

Ok thanks prof looks like my quote is somewhat in line with what you paid. I definitely want the rear remotes and 3rd function, and I really liked the extendable links and pin adjustable sway bars which were on my previous tractor because they made it easier to hook up attachments.
They do not have a regular CK3510 HST or SE so either way the tractor will have to be ordered. Then their is what type tire to get? I have had both R4 and turf. R4 is stiffer and better in mud, but dent up the lawn, tend to slide slip on banks, and are not as good in snow. Turfs and R4s are the same price.

I guess I will think on this decision for a couple days. I probably should price a Kubota L3301 and L3901 while I am at it but I imagine they will be more money, lift a little less, and have fewer features.

Last edited:
The tilt steering gives you more knee room for entering and exiting the cramped operator station. I leave my wheel in the full up position, and the small floor hump still makes entering somewhat problematic.

That is what I did on my Kubota. Come to think of it I have not sat on a Kioti yet, I will be sure to do so when I go back. They have a 2610 and 4010SE in stock.

Last edited:
   / Trying To Decide Between CK 2610 HST or CK 3510 HST SE #19  
in kubota-speak the -01 tractors are the 'value' models, teh -50 are the 'se' tractors.

I like that my kioti came with things i use often that are extra cost on the kubota, like bucket level, right side hand grip on the fender.

I'll have to look into the links... I got a kioti crank unit for tilt, $95 delivered. Works great. I moved the original adjustable one to the other side..now I can tilt either direction.

Crank adjustment tilt is something I forgot about and I liked it on my B2650 so that's another $100. :D