Trying to remove 50 inch oak tree stump with Bobcat backhoe. Struggling

/ Trying to remove 50 inch oak tree stump with Bobcat backhoe. Struggling
Here is what the underside looks like. I am hoping to burn it in this position. Maybe that will allow the flames to climb. The problem with the burning so far is that I had to burn a lot of wood around the stump in order to burn the stump. I had to pile wood around it. Now, like this, I am hoping the flames will climb up the back of this thing. Other advice?

Attachments

• under stump.jpg
    under stump.jpg
    595.8 KB · Views: 147
   / Trying to remove 50 inch oak tree stump with Bobcat backhoe. Struggling #42  
Containing the heat with a few pieces of tin or metal with help with the burn.

/ Trying to remove 50 inch oak tree stump with Bobcat backhoe. Struggling #43  
Stumps can be hard, although can you cut it in half, else quarters with a chainsaw and lift it out?

That may actually be faster, more effective than burning at this point.

/ Trying to remove 50 inch oak tree stump with Bobcat backhoe. Struggling #44  
Only if you have a bar/chain you can sacrifice to the tree gods. LOL

/ Trying to remove 50 inch oak tree stump with Bobcat backhoe. Struggling #45  
Chain it up and drag it back in the woods somewhere. If you have a large hole to fill in you could use the stump as filler

/ Trying to remove 50 inch oak tree stump with Bobcat backhoe. Struggling
Yeah, I think I am going to ditch the burn idea. I think power washing and using the chain saw is the way to go. Draging it could work to. But, I would like to get it into manageable pieces that I can grapple with my smaller skid steer. Thanks.

/ Trying to remove 50 inch oak tree stump with Bobcat backhoe. Struggling #47  
   / Trying to remove 50 inch oak tree stump with Bobcat backhoe. Struggling #48  
You could add some Sulphur and charcoal to your potassium nitrate, Mix well, and when you light it be sure to "retire quickly". :)

/ Trying to remove 50 inch oak tree stump with Bobcat backhoe. Struggling #49  
One nice thing about seeing a thread like this, late in the process is, I got to read the start.....and got caught up to the end pretty quickly!!

I've burned stumps like that before (though typically smaller) and I've learned that 'for me', a stump like that would probably take three fires to completely get rid of it. I don't do anything special, just pile things up in a wide space and light it.

I personally would burn it.....well....because I enjoy burning things!! I'd not want to bury it and have it possibly create a depression later on or, maybe become a hideout for yellow jackets (I had a stump do that once and I got nine stings on my face)

Either way, keep plugging at it, job well done!!

/ Trying to remove 50 inch oak tree stump with Bobcat backhoe. Struggling #50  
I recently dug out a multi trunked Alder with my EX60 and it took a minute. They are always bigger and go deeper than you think. I'd have left it but it was right in the way of my friend's future driveway. We just pushed this out into the woods to let nature do it's thing.

Attachments

• PXL_20210608_031411297.jpg
    PXL_20210608_031411297.jpg
    954.6 KB · Views: 145
  • PXL_20210610_001611857.jpg
    PXL_20210610_001611857.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 143
  • PXL_20210610_001713504.jpg
    PXL_20210610_001713504.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 150