TSC Traveller Hyd Fluid

/ TSC Traveller Hyd Fluid #1  

Merc1100sc

Tractor
None
Anyone run this in their Kioti HST tractors?
Thinking about giving it a try due to its cost and wondering how it痴 worked for others.

/ TSC Traveller Hyd Fluid #2  
When I bought my NX5010C two weeks ago, my Kioti dealer told me that the Kioti hydraulic fluid was $39 a bucket. That is about the same as TSC. I have used TSC in my Mahindra 3616 (out of warranty) because Mahindra wants almost $100 a bucket the last time I checked. Did not notice any ill effects after two changes (~300 hours so far).

/ TSC Traveller Hyd Fluid #3  
I ran TSC in my LS the 1st round & Mobil 1 in my 2nd change. There was an extreme difference in Hydro whine reduction w/ the Mobil 1. There was only about a $10.00 difference in price I think.

/ TSC Traveller Hyd Fluid #4  
Running an unknown quality in something like a transmission could cost a bundle changing again needlessly.

I changed fluid in my truck and put in what a dealer told me. After a few thousand miles I learned through a truck forum I should not use that type because certain years of trucks have different types of seals and aren't comparable with all fluids, and leaks will occur after time.

So I dumped the fluid and went to a synthetic type. Ran a while, dumped again and refilled to make it 95% synthetic.

/ TSC Traveller Hyd Fluid #5  
I asked my Kioti dealer what HST fluid I should use. He told me any name brand would work well, just to never use the TSC Traveller Hyd Fluid. Two winters ago, when the temp was about 0dF, I did a viscosity test. The TSC fluid took over twice as long to flow out the viscosity cup as did the Kubota Super UDT 2 Hyd fluid. My dealer put Shell hyd fluid in my tractor, I tested that as well. The time it took to flow out was between the TSC and the UDT, although closer to the UDT. I will say that UDT is going in my tractor at the next oil change and the TSC fluid will never be put in my tractor. If nothing else, it is just too thick to use in this cold of an environment. I wanted to try the Amsoil Hyd fluid, but I couldn't find any locally.

/ TSC Traveller Hyd Fluid #6  
Ive used traveller universal prem for a while now. Here is the last oil sample analysis on it.

Traveller.JPG

Because it is a cheaper oil, I think it is important to watch it. So far, I am getting good results.

Here is the longer thread discussion from the past on this.
httpswww.tractorbynet.comforumskioti-owning-operating404461-oil-analysis-traveller-premium-universal.html#post5250010

/ TSC Traveller Hyd Fluid #7  
Gear drive, not too big an issue, hydrostat, big issue. Always buy a manufacturer approved fluid, not the cheapo Traveller junk or you may be 'travelling' to the dealer to lighten your wallet. Saving a couple bucks on fluid can cost you thousands in repairs to the hydrostat.

Hydrostat transmissions use a varaible displacement swash plate to impart forward and backward motion and the requires a fluid with specific shear qualities. Traveller isn't one.

Your wallet, not mine.

/ TSC Traveller Hyd Fluid #8  
I have used Traveller premium fluid in my Kubota B26 for over 8 years now. It may (or may not) whine more , but it does whine a bit which doesn't bother me at all. Where I am, there is no need for SUDT fluid from Kubota, in fact my dealer doesn't even stock it because of our mild winter temps, it isn't necessary (according to the shop manager I spoke to).
If you are in 0F or lower temps in winter, sure, go for the full synthetic in the hydraulics. I do use Shell Rotella T6 in all my engines for the extended oil change intervals.

/ TSC Traveller Hyd Fluid #9  
I have used Traveller premium fluid in my Kubota B26 for over 8 years now. It may (or may not) whine more , but it does whine a bit which doesn't bother me at all. Where I am, there is no need for SUDT fluid from Kubota, in fact my dealer doesn't even stock it because of our mild winter temps, it isn't necessary (according to the shop manager I spoke to).
If you are in 0F or lower temps in winter, sure, go for the full synthetic in the hydraulics. I do use Shell Rotella T6 in all my engines for the extended oil change intervals.

Well, it ain't under warranty no more so if it pukes it's 100% on your dime.

/ TSC Traveller Hyd Fluid #10  

Well, it ain't under warranty no more so if it pukes it's 100% on your dime.