Turf vs Industrial Tires

/ Turf vs Industrial Tires #31  
I believe you were refering to me Paddock yes my hatred for the R-4 is well known and my tractor spends 90% of its life in fwd and alot of time in the mud pulling logs. But to me there is nothing better than a clay loaded R-4 that won't clean itself out. So then what happens next if your not very very careful=== your stuck.

Alot of the jobs I get have a timeframe and I must finish it so I can't always wait for better ground conditions to come around I wish I could. I tried to skid a few logs with a tractor that had R-4s and couldn't believe how poor they were but with a good set of loop chains over them they might have done a fine job.

Something else that has to be considered is that there are many different uses for a tractor and also many different climates to take into consideration on this board. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I know what works for me in my area./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Just wish I had a set of radials.
Gordon

/ Turf vs Industrial Tires #32  
I've also mentioned that I hate everything/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif R4 R1 2 3 5. Just kidding but I've found something even better than slipping around with clayed up R4's. Trying to clean them (or the loader bucket) after that stuff drys out and "sets." That much free time no one has. I'm thinking of developing a wash down system for my tires mounted on the tractor like US Navy ships have for contaminants!

Or get the kids, nephews nieces, neighbor kids etc to stand by with their sharp sticks to clean the danged things.

Question, are kids still happy to work for an hour for a quarter like I used to?

/ Turf vs Industrial Tires #33  
del,

In answer to your question yes a quarter of your stock portfolio/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Turf vs Industrial Tires #34  
kwright, sounds like a nice set up. When you get it home check the tire psi. I put a gauge on mine after a few days of rough riding and found 32 psi. in the rear tires!!! IM down to 9psi. now and may end up lower, still foolen around, but at over 30, the amount of the tire that was in contac with the ground was so little they were just ridding on the centers.
Rich
p.s. have lots of fun[simle]

/ Turf vs Industrial Tires #35  
Your right Gordon it was you I was thinking about. I also knew that you lived back East and did something with logs. That probably excludes alot of us as far as uses go. It is certainly understandable that R4's would be miserable in that situation. Here in CA., you can't log in conditions like that any more, at least not in an area that is sensitive. In the Tahoe region the trees are lifted out by helicopter. Although I'm sure its costly, its amazing how fast its done, and with just a few guys. The Michelin tires that Mark has really do sound like the tire for you, heck, me to, I want them. Rat...

/ Turf vs Industrial Tires
As it turns out, I won't take delivery of the new TC21D until probably late next week. Actually I'm hoping to have it in time for *next* weekend.

Holdup is the loader. Dealer indicates he has one tracked down and *hopes* to have it delivered to his place next Wednesday. Said to give him a day or two to put everything together and prepped.

Fortunately, I was more or less anticipating this so I'm not really dissapointed. It would have been nice to have the new machine for the long weekend, but I still have plenty of other things to do so another week won't make a difference.

REAL horses weigh a ton.

/ Turf vs Industrial Tires #37  
Kwright, I'm also interested in the TC21D with R4's...After you've had it a bit I'd appriciate an update...On likes and dislikes etc.Hope I can swing the loader if I do buy one...ENJOY......

Lil' Paul

Laziness is the Father of invention.../w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Turf vs Industrial Tires
Well, the new TC21D was delivered last night (Friday) about 6:00pm. Haven't had time to do much with it but run it around the yard a bit and made sure everything works (it did). Have to put up some hay during the weekend, so not sure how much I'll get to play with it over the next day or two, but I'll try to get some seat time. I do have to mow pretty soon anyway.

Right now, I'm more concerned about reading the manuals and making sure I understand everything before doing much with it. I'm deliberate that way - which drives my wife nuts.

PBurns: Once I've drawn a conclusion regarding the R4 tires, I'll post my views here. May take me a little time though. I'm particuarly interested in how well they work out for general finish mowing.

REAL horses weigh a ton.