turning up the fuel on a ck27

/ turning up the fuel on a ck27 #71  
Please describe running the tractor on the dynamometer. Were you running AG tires on the rollers?

PTO Dyno water brake.

/ turning up the fuel on a ck27 #72  
I have ag tires on the tractor, but on a tractor you Dyno with the PTO shaft. In 540 RPM I was at 27.5 HP and in the 1000 running at 540 it was 17 HP something. Most of the older Dynos can only be used at 540 RPM's they use water for the load. What i did was started slow and raised RPM to I got to the 540 RPM mark and then the operator loaded me and I increased RPM to where i was I was maxed out and that was 17 HP. Any more questions let me know I will do my best to answer them I have a personal relationship with my Kioti dealer. Kenny

/ turning up the fuel on a ck27 #73  
I have ag tires on the tractor, but on a tractor you Dyno with the PTO shaft. In 540 RPM I was at 27.5 HP and in the 1000 running at 540 it was 17 HP something. Most of the older Dynos can only be used at 540 RPM's they use water for the load. What i did was started slow and raised RPM to I got to the 540 RPM mark and then the operator loaded me and I increased RPM to where i was I was maxed out and that was 17 HP. Any more questions let me know I will do my best to answer them I have a personal relationship with my Kioti dealer. Kenny
If you are getting up to 32hp at the PTO on a CK 25, the engine would have to be putting out over 40hp. The specs are 20hp at the PTO for a CK 25.
Will it stand the test of time?

/ turning up the fuel on a ck27 #74  
What i did was started slow and raised RPM to I got to the 540 RPM mark and then
the operator loaded me and I increased RPM to where i was I was maxed out and that was 17 HP.

OK, I understand. I have only seen automotive-type dynos that use rollers for the rear wheels.

Interesting that your dealer would have a dyno. Do they work on trannies and engines, too?

There has never been any Kioti dealers around here that have lasted very long. Fortunately,
they are reliable. All 3 of mine were purchased from a dealer out of state, but picked up
by me at the disti near Sacramento.

/ turning up the fuel on a ck27 #75  
My dealer has been in business 30 + years, Almost all the dealers have a Dyno they are supposed to check the performance of all new ones but they really don't do it. As for post 73 The CK25 is a 25 horse engine with from factory has 22 on the PTO now the hydro has maybe 20 hp on the pto I know the standard shift has 2 HP more on the Power take off. I was afraid of ruining the engine with it that high so that was the reason that i turned it down to 27 which should have about 25 on the PTO. Like I said in my post it burnt the paint off the exhaust pipe on a hard pull. Another fun thing to do is go to tractor shows and sometimes someone will have a dyno set up there. I hang out with a bunch of tractor pullers. In fact our fall show is this weekend, and I always help at the pull, We pull up to 10,000 pounds. we usually don't pull the real hopped up ones we are more for the antique tractors. We do pull cut tires and slightly modified, Our show is for 3 days and we pull fri night sat night and powder puff on Sunday and garden tractors Sat morning until late afternoon. I was down there all day installing a Detroit 4-71 in the saw mill so it will be ready for our antique show next weekend. I have a portable welder so I always have it handy for breakdowns All free of course. So I need to reload the truck for tomorrow and remove what i don't need. I also take my power plant down to run the stands and the CK2510 to help with the mowing. Catch you guys a little later. Kenny

/ turning up the fuel on a ck27 #76  
So after wading through 4 pages of comments nobody has actually done this to the CK series tractors? Having a vested interest I was curious to see how it turned out for someone who did this on the earlier mechanical CK's. Although the engineering dissertations were interesting to read, none were germane to the OP's original question.
I know this is an old tread but thought it would answer the question and maybe help someone. I did turn the fuel up on my McCormick x1.35m which is the same as a kioti ck35. It’s as simple as getting the tamper tamper proof screw uncovered by some thin metal that incases it and screwing it inward maybe 1 turn. I kept adjusting mine till it was moderately smoking under heavy load. Made my tractor be able to run my rotary cut so much better.

/ turning up the fuel on a ck27 #77  
Thank you for replying. I always thought there would be a way to adjust this up a bit. Post some pictures if you feel up for it.

/ turning up the fuel on a ck27 #78  
I know this is an old tread but thought it would answer the question and maybe help someone. I did turn the fuel up on my McCormick x1.35m which is the same as a kioti ck35. It’s as simple as getting the tamper tamper proof screw uncovered by some thin metal that incases it and screwing it inward maybe 1 turn. I kept adjusting mine till it was moderately smoking under heavy load. Made my tractor be able to run my rotary cut so much better.
Your tractor is actually the same as the Branson 3520, unless you meant the way to adjust the fuel settings. That's more or less the same on any mechanical injection pump engine.

/ turning up the fuel on a ck27 #79  
The tractor I was speaking of turning up was a previous 2012 McCormick x10.35m I owned before the 2020 McCormick x1.35h I own now. I also turned the fuel up on the 2020 McCormick because the hydro really took the power. I can’t get pictures of the previous 2012 McCormick pump but maybe I can get some of the 2020 I just traded for and turned up

/ turning up the fuel on a ck27 #80  
The tractor I was speaking of turning up was a previous 2012 McCormick x10.35m I owned before the 2020 McCormick x1.35h I own now. I also turned the fuel up on the 2020 McCormick because the hydro really took the power. I can’t get pictures of the previous 2012 McCormick pump but maybe I can get some of the 2020 I just traded for and turned up
Since you mentioned X1.35m on the previous post, it threw me off. My bad.