TX 2160F, with front loader and backhoe, long term project

/ TX 2160F, with front loader and backhoe, long term project
Have you considered getting all the painted bits hot galv dipped?

I did have a thought but thats a far as it went really, painting will see me okay I think.

Been working on things when I can get a chance, some of the rams have been reassembled with the new chrome bar, painting starting to get under way now, its very time consuming....

DSC02813 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

DSC02816 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

DSC02815 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

Please excuse the tressle, its doing a very inportant job though.
DSC02817 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

DSC02818 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

DSC02819 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

All the other panels have got a 2nd coat to try to smooth the shotblasters coat, it was very rough in finish,

DSC02821 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

DSC02822 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

DSC02824 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

DSC02825 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

Top coat on the loader and backhoe parts this weekend, the shed is not the best and some dust is being thrown up, its quite windy just now, I'll see how I get on and hopefully it will be okay,

Chris

A sea of blue today, 4 litres of paint to get to this point,1 litre left bonnet, wings, dash and front cowel to do yet so will need more, 1 more litre will probably be enough.

DSC02826 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

DSC02827 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

DSC02828 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

DSC02829 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

DSC02830 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

DSC02831 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

Some bits like the backhoe booms will need turned and some more painted, and the odd bit here and there will get a touch up once its fit to handle, its been a fair journey getting to this stage, I dont want to rush the painting but I have not patience for it and there are so many bits, I am running out of places to hang them.

/ TX 2160F, with front loader and backhoe, long term project #105  
All looks good. Can you post a photo of the side facing the tractor (DSC02829). Oil tank of backhoe. So I can advise on ports for hydraulics, or are you now sorted on what goes where.

All looks good. Can you post a photo of the side facing the tractor (DSC02829). Oil tank of backhoe. So I can advise on ports for hydraulics, or are you now sorted on what goes where.

I have not thought about it yet, when I get things reassembled I'll certainly shout if I get stuck, thanks for the offer, I may need take you up on it.

Chris

/ TX 2160F, with front loader and backhoe, long term project #107  
Chris,

Have you washed out the fuel tank? I had an issue with mine clogging the fuel filter, so washed out the tank and managed to rinse out over half a mug full of rust/sand/etc. It may be work checking before fitting it back on the tractor.

/ TX 2160F, with front loader and backhoe, long term project #108  
I couldn't agree more. Had the same problem, very irritating.

In the end i ended up tying the tank to my concrete mixer, throw in one liter of diesel and a handful of bolts and nuts, and keep it spinning for 2 hours. Clean as a whistle, problem never returned.

thx
M.

Thanks for the heads up guys, I'll check it out before I fit it back on.

Chris

This is fighting me all the way with trying to get things assembled, the paint has taken an age to dry to a state that it can be handled, the backhoe slewing rams also gave me a battle, for some reason what is now fitted is the old cylinders from the first backhoe and the replacement rams and seals from the 2nd one purchased, for some reason the newly assembled rams did not have enough travel to get over the cam point, it must have only be a fraction that was stopping it slewing 180degs, this held things up a bit as there was some head scratching out to get that issue fixed, everything has been drilled, bushed and reamed so there is no slop anywhere on the backhoe.

The paint work has turned out okay and I am happy with it for not being a painter by any means and the spray gun I was using was not mine and was pulsing for some reason,(possibly the paint was on the thick side although I did thin it a bit)

Progress so far

DSC02840 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

DSC02841 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

DSC02842 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

DSC02843 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

DSC02844 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

DSC02845 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

DSC02846 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

I should have kept a tally of the man hours, I think it would be frightening, there has been lots of hours spent these last few weeks plus the previous 3 years on and off.

Chris