TYM T264 Hydraulic fitting sizing

/ TYM T264 Hydraulic fitting sizing #1  

Cruisin_Newfie

Tractor
TYM T264
Hello everyone;
Just bought a used TYM T264 and am thinking of installing a third function, as Tony's Tractor Adventure Homestead Shows in his video and getting a grapple for logs/brush/etc but I'm having trouble finding what the hoses/connections/fittings sizes are. Call the nearest dealer and he "will get back to me", thats 3 days ago.
I think Tony used the TFK2 kit from Summit Hydraulics but may have used different hoses/adaptors than was included in the kit. My problem, no readily available parts place like most of you have! So, I would have to be 100% certain of what I am buying before I make the 2 hour drive...
Also, Summit sells a UNIVERSAL with a flatter grey bracket, similar to what Tony Fabricated. Has anyone used this universal third function kit and if so, what additional items did you have to purchase?
Thanks in advance... and all the best!
Duane
Nova Scotia, Canada

/ TYM T264 Hydraulic fitting sizing #2  
Hi Duane -
I went through the same thing with my new T474. I had the 3rd function put on and they didn't know what kind of couplers. I ordered a grapple and it came with Flat Face ISO 16028 (Skid steer couplers) but my 3rd function was Ag ISO 5675 (Agg style). I can't say for sure but my guess is that your 3rd function will be Ag ISO 5675. It might be helpful for you to pick up a set of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072W9YR1F. It's the adapter between the two in case your grapple has the skid steer style flat face.
Hope that helps -
Matt

/ TYM T264 Hydraulic fitting sizing
Hey Matt;
That's definitely a start... was hoping to find out what the valve body connections are too. I would guess metric since its from overseas but I don't know enough about hydraulics. Maybe I will just take off the 90 elbow labeled "T" on the valve body and make a trip to the city to see what can be made up.
Thanks again and all the best!
Duane

/ TYM T264 Hydraulic fitting sizing #4  
Hey Matt;
That's definitely a start... was hoping to find out what the valve body connections are too. I would guess metric since its from overseas but I don't know enough about hydraulics. Maybe I will just take off the 90 elbow labeled "T" on the valve body and make a trip to the city to see what can be made up.
Dua
I would expect JIC threads. Most things out of Korea and Japan use JIC. China can be anything.

I’d suggest buying a set of digital calipers, and a thread pitch gauge, or measure the fittings you have for the OD, and then order the least expensive fittings you can in the possible thread types.

/ TYM T264 Hydraulic fitting sizing
The local dealer priced the TYM T264 third function at $1500+tax (15% sales tax here in NS so not cheap by no means) and they would install it for about $200 more! I can do the install, no big deal, couple hours maybe. So, I went online and got the one from Tony's video, Summit Hydraulics made and onsale on Amazon.com, not available on Amazon.ca tho. Total Delivered Price $657USD, which comes out to $857 CAD... little steeper than I was expecting but still a savings over dealer.
This morning, phone call from UPS... brokerage fees due at the border... another $125 for an Item I thought was made in USA and should have been Tax free! Grrrr Ok, still saving over $500
Live long enough and I will learn it all!
When it arrives, I will post my progress and maybe make a video on installation. Never done that before but there isn't much out there on the TYM lineup... another project...

On another note, a Kubota dealer in the city has the LandPride SGC0554 grapple for $23 +tax so what are your guys thoughts on it?

/ TYM T264 Hydraulic fitting sizing #6  
I think $23 for a grapple is super. 😊 I ordered a grapple from Homestead Instruments based in New York back in December. It arrived about 10 days ago but I still have to mount the 3rd function valve before I can use it. I got my 3rd function valve from Rural King, which sells the RK brand of tractors, for $799 + tax. The kit is labeled TYM since they make the RK tractors. The kit includes everything for installation from hoses to joystick.

/ TYM T264 Hydraulic fitting sizing #7  
I was able to pick up a new 66" titan dual cylinder clamshell version last week for $2100.

Something like this: