TYM T474 HST Range Shifter Stuck

/ TYM T474 HST Range Shifter Stuck #21  
1. Is the tractor still in 4x4? If so take it out of 4x4 if possible, use FEL to lift front wheels if problematic?
2. Now try to get it out of "H".

/ TYM T474 HST Range Shifter Stuck
Tried that.. but thanks for the advice. Tractor going back to the dealer this week.

/ TYM T474 HST Range Shifter Stuck
Tried that.. but thanks for the advice. Tractor going back to the dealer this
I really appreciate your help!

I have rotated between pedals but I am not sure I have ever “rocked” the tractor. So I will try rocking with constant light pressure on the shifter as you suggested.

What do you mean by the transmission being bricked?

Prior to this incident I mainly just kept the tractor in medium. The few times I did shift ranges I had all of the roughness during shifting that is mentioned frequently in the forums. But it did shift.

I am also going to check on pedal adjustments. When I was looking under the tractor and moving the pedals it seemed to me pedals were not moving equal distances and seemed a bit out of sync. Maybe adjust the pedals as suggested above? I need to check the manual for any guidance on pedal adjustment.

As I said before, I don’t understand why this problem seems unique to me.. Surely someone else has had a similar issue.

is fixed. I was so fixated on it being a mechanical problem I did not consider there would not be another reason the shifter did not Shift.
It is fixed.

Turns out the shifter must be pushed down and then pushed forward to move the transmission from high range to low range.

I had never driven a hydrostatic transmission before. The dealer dropped the tractor off and left. I just drove it in mid range till the day I shifted it to high.

I have not checked the manual; I did read it, but I am pretty sure it doesn’t say anything about shifting technique or just says move the lever forward and back to change ranges.

Oh well, live and learn.