Tym vs Massey Ferguson

/ Tym vs Massey Ferguson #71  
Incorrect. 2 rear remotes are standard on 4820/5520. All units at my dealer had them.
I can’t find any pace that sells a 4820 for anywhere near $29,500. And some of the dealers near me have good prices. That is about what an open station model would go for. For that price it would be a no brainer.

/ Tym vs Massey Ferguson #72  
I can’t find any pace that sells a 4820 for anywhere near $29,500. And some of the dealers near me have good prices. That is about what an open station model would go for. For that price it would be a no brainer.
Big Tex is about that for the tractor. They publish their package prices on the website. $32,235 for 4820R with mower, box blade, tiller and PHD.

/ Tym vs Massey Ferguson #73  
Video I posted above of one of the larger TYM dealers (not my dealer) in the US states the same.
That is 3 dealers that have confirmed to me that 2 rear remotes are standard on 4820/5520.

3m10s mark

Incorrect. Your dealer added them as a dealer option. Many dealers add things they see as important in their local area.

/ Tym vs Massey Ferguson #74  
Video I posted above of one of the larger TYM dealers (not my dealer) in the US states the same.
That is 3 dealers that have confirmed to me that 2 rear remotes are standard on 4820/5520.

3m10s mark

Dude, I just showed you TYM's site. Those are dealer adds, not factory. My dealer was a legacy Branson dealer. I saw many 4820 on the lot without remotes. The 4820 does not come standard with factory remotes.

Here's a picture: no remotes.

4820R_5.jpg

/ Tym vs Massey Ferguson #75  
Not even close. Price you stated is for shuttle, open station model (4820R) my tractor is cab with hydro (4820CH), that would be several thousand more.

Big Tex is about that for the tractor. They publish their package prices on the website. $32,235 for 4820R with mower, box blade, tiller and PHD.

/ Tym vs Massey Ferguson #76  
Not even close. Price you stated is for shuttle, open station model (4820R) my tractor is cab with hydro (4820CH), that would be several thousand more.
Yes, because I was replying to someone else who said he could not find a 4820 for that.

My dealer was the biggest Branson dealer by volume before the merger. They tend to have good prices. No guarantees that they would be the lowest. Awesome for you if you got a 4820CH for $30k.

/ Tym vs Massey Ferguson
One positive for the tym is that they will put r14s on where the Massey dealer says he won’t do it cuse they’ll have an extra set of wheels laying around forever. I never had r4’s but from what I read I won’t be happy. Maybe if I groove them. The Massey dealer says traction won’t be a problem in snow cuse the tractor with loaded tires is so heavy.

I emailed my local guy to see if he’ll match Bruno’s but no response as of yet but he does that if it’s a question he dosent want to answer he just dosent.

/ Tym vs Massey Ferguson #78  
Yeah, they (remotes) are an option. I had to order them when I ordered my tractor. I ordered a new 4820H, and the remotes were an add on that were completed at the dealer during setup

Last edited:
   / Tym vs Massey Ferguson #79  
One positive for the tym is that they will put r14s on where the Massey dealer says he won’t do it cuse they’ll have an extra set of wheels laying around forever. I never had r4’s but from what I read I won’t be happy. Maybe if I groove them. The Massey dealer says traction won’t be a problem in snow cuse the tractor with loaded tires is so heavy.

I emailed my local guy to see if he’ll match Bruno’s but no response as of yet but he does that if it’s a question he dosent want to answer he just dosent.

Where is your dealer?

/ Tym vs Massey Ferguson
The one I’m getting quotes from is in New Hampshire. It’s actually two hours from me. The one the next town over is super small and didn’t seem interested in getting me a 494 he didn’t even give me a price. He was pushing me towards the ls tractors they had on the lot. Search | Central NH Trailers | Dump & Enclosed Trailer Dealer NH