Tym vs Massey Ferguson

/ Tym vs Massey Ferguson #1  

Skeletor

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1725mb
Hey guys I have a Massey Ferguson 1725 mb and I was like 95% sure I was gonna upgrade to a 1835m with a woods bh75 on it. Then I kinda dove into tym and they look like a great value for the money.

I do firewood in Ibc totes so I would love to be able to pick up a stacked full 275g version. I double stack them not not full with my baby 1725. At least in theory I could triple stack them with a bigger machine. Not sure if the top one could be full but I doubt it.

I’d like the hoe but it’s not something I absolutely need. I still may get one im
Not sure. Cab would be awesome but that would be more useful in the future if we ever get more property.

Any suggestions? I have this week off so I’m probably gonna go check a few out. My Massey dealer is kind of a dink so if I get another Massey it would be through Bruno’s. There is a tym/ ls dealer very close by.

/ Tym vs Massey Ferguson #2  
Dealership service is very important if you run into a problem covered by the factory warranty.

/ Tym vs Massey Ferguson #4  
I’m sure TYM is a fine machine, but I’d go MF for the AGCO network.

/ Tym vs Massey Ferguson #5  
I never went to a TYM dealer when I was looking for a new tractor last year. There is a pretty big tractor auction place close to me that has dozens and dozens of used tractors on there lot that you can climb into and look at any time you want. There was only one TYM there when I was looking at different used brands, and it was in pretty bad shape. I think it only had a couple hundred hours on it, but it looked like it had thousands. This was only one example, but it was enough for me to not look at the brand any more. I saw the same in some other brands too, which I decided to avoid. Massey, Kubota, Deere, Case and New Holland where all in great shape for their hours. Since I wanted to avoid DEF, the list got even smaller until I went with Massey.

When buying my Massey, I talked to the closest dealer first, but it wasn't a good experience. The next closest didn't even have any tractors, and the third one was just opening up his business and super motivated to build it up. I bought from him. There where two more even farther away that I was going to go to next, but I never did since I liked the new guy.

/ Tym vs Massey Ferguson #6  
Yup. Definitely look into the one-off issues with every brand. Be sure to note that the dealer is often the root of the problem. Sometimes it is that they are not good at final assembly. Sometimes it is that they are small potatoes and don't move the needle with the OEM. Applies to all OEMs, big and small.

I've got the turbo version of the exact same tractor and zero issues.

/ Tym vs Massey Ferguson #7  
Yup. Definitely look into the one-off issues with every brand. Be sure to note that the dealer is often the root of the problem. Sometimes it is that they are not good at final assembly. Sometimes it is that they are small potatoes and don't move the needle with the OEM. Applies to all OEMs, big and small.

I've got the turbo version of the exact same tractor and zero issues.

Very true, all manufactures can have issues and so can dealers.

The tread that I referenced is a pretty long thread over a significant timeframe.

However, if I have the details correct and followed the sequence, it is my understanding in this case it seems like they have found a different dealer, not the one who sold the unit and this new dealer is trying to help. The issue now seems to be with TYM as a manufacture not supporting their product. Again, if all this is correct, it is fortunate that you have not had any problems as even if your dealer wanted to help you there seems to be lack of support from the manufacture TYM.

/ Tym vs Massey Ferguson
I can’t badmouth my Massey at all I’ve really totally overworked it the entire time I’ve owned it. I’ve had it do the work of a much bigger machine. My only experience with agco personally has been good. I called to get my payoff and asked about the backhoe recall. The lady didn’t know the details but said someone would call me. I thought yeah sure ok. But a guy called me the next day and was very helpful. He even answered all my questions I had about the 1835 and my dpf concerns.

I just wanna make sure the 1835 has can do what I want it to do. It will probably be ok but I’d hate to spend the money and not be happy with the outcome.

When I bought the 1725 I wasn’t doing the tote thing so that didn’t come into play. After using the totes I’m not going back haha.

/ Tym vs Massey Ferguson #10  
Very true, all manufactures can have issues and so can dealers.

The tread that I referenced is a pretty long thread over a significant timeframe.

However, if I have the details correct and followed the sequence, it is my understanding in this case it seems like they have found a different dealer, not the one who sold the unit and this new dealer is trying to help. The issue now seems to be with TYM as a manufacture not supporting their product. Again, if all this is correct, it is fortunate that you have not had any problems as even if your dealer wanted to help you there seems to be lack of support from the manufacture TYM.
Not really lack of support, just low inventory for a part he should not really need. The original dealer messed up the tractor before he bought it. OP found some guy on FB that claimed a similar issue was fixed by an alternate part. OP insisted on that part. New dealer agreed to help. TYM sourcing the part, but it is not a standard part for that model and literally thousands of these are in operation without this problem or a need for the part.

I've probably followed closer than anyone as I recommended it to the OP and have family near him. I also own the same tractor and if there was a problem I wanted to know. I feel horrible, but the root cause was the Iowa dealer that sold him a broken unit.