TZ Body Cracking at Front of Seat Mount

/ TZ Body Cracking at Front of Seat Mount
Attached are a couple pictures. One is a view of the front seat mounts and the other is from underneath. From underneath, I want to point out that when the bolt flexes, the nut actually hits the side of the fuel tank.

Just to recap - this is with 177 hours on the meter.

P.S. Like I told the dealer, I am not that fat....at 170 pounds....for it to break like this!!

Attachments

• DSC01242.JPG
    DSC01242.JPG
    317 KB · Views: 679
  • DSC01241.JPG
    DSC01241.JPG
    314.7 KB · Views: 600
   / TZ Body Cracking at Front of Seat Mount #13  
I just checked mine. Not a problem ... yet. Is it reinforced underneath? What do they do about the crack in what I assume is fiberglass? Mine is only 8 months owned too...

Al

/ TZ Body Cracking at Front of Seat Mount #14  
I have a 1999 TC 29 with over 1000 hours on it. Seat area has never been a problem.

/ TZ Body Cracking at Front of Seat Mount #15  
I've been away from the site for a while as you can see by my join date and # of posts!!

Happen on my TZ24DA after almost 1-1/2 years. Stopped buy the dealer and was showing him and he said he'd get it under warranty - which he did! However, just 4 months later, it's starting to do it again. My dealer faxed me an exploded view of the rear fender/seat area and I'll have a machine shop make me a mounting base/support piece that will work. Here's a real kicker - when I told my dealer what I was doing, he told me to keep up with my hours and any expenses I incur and he'll try to get NH to pay me for them.

As for the TC29D, no problems at all and mine has seen some rough work over the last few years! The suspension seat helps a good bit I would believe!

/ TZ Body Cracking at Front of Seat Mount #16  
Also, since the replacements aren't much better, as I described above, anyone heard what NH is doing about it???

/ TZ Body Cracking at Front of Seat Mount #17  
glthorne said:
Also, since the replacements aren't much better, as I described above, anyone heard what NH is doing about it???

Both halves of CNH (CIH & NH ) I expect are doing the same thing. My DX24E did it and dealer told me CIH was suppying a reinforcing bracket to put under fender shell but they didn`t feel it was heavy enough so they had a local metal shop fab up a bracket twice as heavy as the CNH repair. Last I asked most DXE models had cracked , I would ask father -in-law (NH mech) about NH`s but they can`t seem to sell blue ones. They NH dealer stocks one NH and 30 Kubotas. CIH dealer has been selling Farmalls by the dozen. I have since traded the DX24E for a DX 26 for loader capabilities and 26 has been much more reliable.

/ TZ Body Cracking at Front of Seat Mount #18  
I had this problem on my TZ24D a couple of months ago with only 65 hours on it. I contacted my dealer and he said even though my warranty had expired that New Holland would provide me with a new fender assembly and a re-enforcement bracket, installation was not included. I installed it myself.
Attached are photos showing the crack in the old fender, new fender sitting on my bench, new fender with re-enforcement bracket shown with seat mounted. The re-enforcement bracket came from New Holland not painted blue, it was primary tan so my dealer also provided a can of blue paint.

Attachments

• crack2007_0113_171647AA (Large).JPG
    crack2007_0113_171647AA (Large).JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 472
  • trac2007_0210_171730AA (Large).JPG
    trac2007_0210_171730AA (Large).JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 419
  • trac2007_0210_141152AA (Large).JPG
    trac2007_0210_141152AA (Large).JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 399
  • trac2007_0210_171832AA (Large).JPG
    trac2007_0210_171832AA (Large).JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 412
   / TZ Body Cracking at Front of Seat Mount #19  
This post is a little late in coming, however, I went into my local Kubota dealer who also sells New Holland. The salesman was really pushing the TZ25 (probably because they have one in stock). However, these posts showing the cracked seat pan is a real concern. Does anyone know if this reinforcement is something that is being done on all new models? How has the reinforcement held up - do you think that this is a permanent fix? The new T1000 series appears to have a different design, with a solid piece of metal sitting on top of the seat pan - which is not that different from the fix/reinforcement bracket idea. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

/ TZ Body Cracking at Front of Seat Mount #20  
"ON top of the seat pan"? The reinforcement plate is designed to go under the fender area replacing the 2 yellow zinc support bars. On my third fender now and it seems to have fixed the problem. I had my dealer get me the plate and new fender and I swapped them out because they scratched the last one. I know it's a lawnmower, but it's MY $10,000 lawnmower!!!

Also, NH has issued a recall on all TZ series to have this done. IF you're an owner and have not been contacted, you need to contact your dealer.