Unloading rotary mower

/ Unloading rotary mower #1  

TheMan419

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland Boomer 24
OK, I am for some reason not able to wrap my brain around this.

In process of purchasing a used 5ft rotary mower. Weight of implement will be about 500-600 lbs.

So if I just have the dealer toss it in the back of my pick up, now what? When I get home can I just rachet strap or chain it to the FEL and lift it out of the back of the pick up?

It seems with my Boomer 24 I might not have enough clearance?

Seems a small flat bed trailer is needed?

/ Unloading rotary mower #2  
I have used a chain hoist and tree limb, lift, drive out from under it, lower.

/ Unloading rotary mower #3  
Your boomer might do it. But I'd plan for a backup on a pair of ramps and a wench with a winch.

Have the wench winch the mower off on the ramps and then hook it up and drive away.

/ Unloading rotary mower
I am not sure the wench I have in mind would want to hook up in the drive way..... and it is gravel so you are going to get beat up....

/ Unloading rotary mower #6  
Just lift it a few inches off the pickup bed and then drive the truck forward.

/ Unloading rotary mower #7  
A engine hoist also works well to lift and let you drive out from under it.

Aaron Z

/ Unloading rotary mower #8  
+10 on just lifting it enough to drive out from under it. Use a chain and give yourself enough slack. Better yet - borrow a trailer and make it easy on yourself ;)

/ Unloading rotary mower #9  
Just to confuse you a bit more: I have two 5-foot rotary mowers. Neither will fit into the bed of my Silverado 2500. They're too wide by a couple of inches. So, they'll have to go in at an angle, or set on top of the bed walls or on a couple of boards across the top of the bed.

/ Unloading rotary mower #10  
Rig it so you can lift it up enough to clear the truck and then drive the truck out from under it.