Unnecessary MMM greasing

/ Unnecessary MMM greasing #1  

oldballs

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620 , Case 448 , Kubota B2650
Using my B2650 with MMM, or similar set ups, how often (hours) would you TBN'ers grease the MMM zerks and PTO shaft U-joints ? I'm OK with maintenance, but decided that I've been over doing it.

Cheers,
Mike

/ Unnecessary MMM greasing #3  
Depends where you live and the weather.

Generally you grease if it's been sitting/hookup, if sitting in a normal climate once or twice a year. On hookup is just good practice and a reminder, otherwise on fluid change with everything else.

If you live somewhere hot and dusty you will want to do it more often and maybe use a higher temperature grease to keep out the dirt. Cooler and damp, maybe a silicone or graphite type, lots of different agri grease out there for different reasons.

Every 10 hours sounds like someone who is mowing roadways everyday in the heat?

/ Unnecessary MMM greasing
So far...........I like the answers......maybe I have been over doing it. Every ten hours is a lot easier on my old knees and shoulder. Thanks gents. Just gotta make the MMM etc....last as long as I am lasting.

Cheers,
Mike

/ Unnecessary MMM greasing #7  
10hrs or so, can't say "once a year" or any other timeframe, you've got to take a look once in a while to make sure it's not drying out or contaminated. I error on the side of caution over greasing most of the time, keeps me in the habit of slowing down to inspect equipment more.

/ Unnecessary MMM greasing #9  
I grease the Ujoints for implements when I put them on. Where's the grease from a Ujoint going to go? They last the life of the vehicle generally if sealed up. If you do not overgrease them and blow things apart, the grease isn't going to go anywhere.