***UPDATE*** Mice ate my light wiring, ques on the wire connectors

/ ***UPDATE*** Mice ate my light wiring, ques on the wire connectors #32  
@tstex - As mentioned above you can reuse the connector housing you have... the brass / metal female terminals will come out of the connector (usually there it a little locking tab, either on the connector or terminal) you will need something small to depress it & pull it out. then you just need to get the correct female spade (uninsulated) crimp terminal...

The connector housing looks to be a AMP 172132-1... but check the PDF Drawing to confirm... Again you can RE-USE the ones you have....

You just need to get out the Terminals & put on new ones where the wire is not damaged.... They are most like .250 Female Spades so something like these AMP 170342-2 but a ton of different companies make them & they should be very easy to get after you remove your old ones to match them up...

After that you just need to crimp on the new terminals & click them into you existing connector housing... You don't need new connector housing unless the mice chewed those also...

/ ***UPDATE*** Mice ate my light wiring, ques on the wire connectors #33  
You can find the terminals at any of the auto parts stores. I use NAPA and AutoZone. The locking tab terminals may be harder to find. I’m sure they are .250 terminals. If your wiring can reach just crimp on new terminals and slide them into the housing.

I'm not familiar with Kubota. It appears you have high and low beams, thus the 2 wire’s brown and orange. After the housing there is a splice in the wire with orange going to each headlight and also brown going to each headlight.you can make the repair then test with a test light or a meter to make sure all works ok.

/ ***UPDATE*** Mice ate my light wiring, ques on the wire connectors
dic, ET & Richard. Thank you all very much. Now i know what i am dealing w here…once I extract the terminals from the plastic connectors, I’ll match up the terminals, install the wire from the harness into terminals, then reinstall the terminals to connector. Then it should be plug & play.

thanks again for everyone’s help

/ ***UPDATE*** Mice ate my light wiring, ques on the wire connectors #36  
Vick's vapor rub. I put it on some harnesses, I have seen mice prints on Dusty surfaces so I have put the smallest film in those areas too. Some sockets and wire insulation is now made with Soy. Ecologically friendly and mice love it. Go figure.

/ ***UPDATE*** Mice ate my light wiring, ques on the wire connectors #37  
I think this will tell you what's in the box:

willy

/ ***UPDATE*** Mice ate my light wiring, ques on the wire connectors #38  
I keep a gallon of liquid rodent repellent in the cab of my old truck. No more mice and the cab smells minty fresh.

710E65NPq8L._AC_UL320_.jpg

/ ***UPDATE*** Mice ate my light wiring, ques on the wire connectors
You can find the terminals at any of the auto parts stores. I use NAPA and AutoZone. The locking tab terminals may be harder to find. I’m sure they are .250 terminals. If your wiring can reach just crimp on new terminals and slide them into the housing.

I'm not familiar with Kubota. It appears you have high and low beams, thus the 2 wire’s brown and orange. After the housing there is a splice in the wire with orange going to each headlight and also brown going to each headlight.you can make the repair then test with a test light or a meter to make sure all works ok.
Yes ET, I traced the wiring further upstream of the harness and found the splice. From there, I’ll isolate & mark the 3 spliced ones & wire to pins accordingly. Then, it’s obvious w the other 3.

Question, do the connectors play a role for something else other than supplying current to headlights? If not, i could just remove connector on headlight and barrel connect them, or do as you said and install terminals and slide into connector, then wrap securely w e-tape and gorilla tape or something. Either way, I’m going to be adding some mint oil to the whole harness.

/ ***UPDATE*** Mice ate my light wiring, ques on the wire connectors #40  
Yes ET, I traced the wiring further upstream of the harness and found the splice. From there, I’ll isolate & mark the 3 spliced ones & wire to pins accordingly. Then, it’s obvious w the other 3.

Question, do the connectors play a role for something else other than supplying current to headlights? If not, i could just remove connector on headlight and barrel connect them, or do as you said and install terminals and slide into connector, then wrap securely w e-tape and gorilla tape or something. Either way, I’m going to be adding some mint oil to the whole harness.
Probably not..... THE connectors are there for convince of manufacturing sort of plug and play and full replacement of harness "IF NEEDED".... IF you don't need to disconnect headlight harness from main wiring harness there is no absolute need for connector.... Personally from one who did wiring for a living and done quite a few wiring harnesses for sand rails and MANX style buggies there is really no need for the connector... Butt (barrel) connectors and crimper would be my solution...

Work in progress from a long time ago (2001)...
1210520.jpg

3692800196_862f131e3a.jpg

Last edited: