/ Update on deck coated with bedliner #1  

varmint

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B8200, then a Kubota L3130 HST, now a Kubota L3400 HST
See below!

Last edited:
   / Update on deck coated with bedliner
Last year, I posted that I had cleaned up my Kubota L3400's painted steel deck and step, which was okay but worn thru paint where your boots would be stepping or resting, and sprayed on bed liner coating. Its been on for about a year, I guess, and it held up fine! No wear to report, although I use my tractor less than 100 hours a year... I was concerned that the edges might wear, but so far, no problem. Not as nice as a Grand L's rubber mat, but hey, it's an improvement.

P1010864.JPG P1010865.jpg P1010881.jpg

/ Update on deck coated with bedliner #3  
Who knew you could do that? Actually, a great idea.

/ Update on deck coated with bedliner #4  
Thanks for posting. I'd thought about the same thing but wondered about durability.

/ Update on deck coated with bedliner
I forgot to add that I had applied multiple coats, over enough time to allow for drying properly, to the "wear" areas along the edges- basically where the orange paint had worn thru use. I had washed, scuffed and wiped with acetone before masking and spraying. Wasn't that hard to do, and the stuff covered really well. One can.

/ Update on deck coated with bedliner #6  
That really looks nice and thanks for posting the update on durability. Beautiful job!

/ Update on deck coated with bedliner #7  
VERY nice and neat job there varmit! You've inspired me to paint mine the same way.

/ Update on deck coated with bedliner #8  
I used the same stuff on my trucks rusted skid pan after repairing it, the leading edge of my lawn sweeper where the powder coat flaked off in sheets, and recently the bottom of the legs of my cedar greenhouse tables. All has held up nicely. I love that stuff but multiple coats are you said to build up to whatever thickness you need. I even fixed a friends gas tank last weekend for him and I had to put a coat over our repairs to return it to factory look.

/ Update on deck coated with bedliner #9  
Looks great! Thanks for the update. I used it all the time on the inner fenders of old cars I've painted. Helps prevent rock chips and dings. I've also used the spray on clear rock guard. I think I'll try that on the old Ford after its repainted.

/ Update on deck coated with bedliner #10  
I had my MX5100 deck rhino-lined. I like it and it has held up for 6 years. If I had known it was available in a can back then I probably would have tried it. I have also used the clear rock guard as CCWKen posted under my rear fenders. A few years ago I used the rattle can liner spray on my ATV racks, and it has held up well.