Upgrading stereo and speakers on 5085M deluxe cab

/ Upgrading stereo and speakers on 5085M deluxe cab #11  
How is the project going. Any updates.
Cheers.

/ Upgrading stereo and speakers on 5085M deluxe cab
Thanks for asking. Not much progress since I'm still waiting for the new cab frame to come in. Hopefully sometime this week.

I did get the wiring harness from the radio soldered and heat shrinked to the adapter that will plug into the tractor harness.

radiowires1.jpg

The black wire off to the right is ground, which will be connected directly to the ground nut on the cab frame since no ground is present in the factory harness. The little dark blue wire with the white stripe is the remote amp turn on that I'll extend down to behind the seat in case I feel the urge to add a 6.5" bazooka later. I'll extend sub line level out to the same location.

/ Upgrading stereo and speakers on 5085M deluxe cab #13  
Theres also a speaker on the left hand side, opposite from the radio. I hear it better than the right one.

/ Upgrading stereo and speakers on 5085M deluxe cab #14  
Thanks for update. Keep us posted.

Theres also a speaker on the left hand side, opposite from the radio. I hear it better than the right one.
Totally agree. The right side speaker is mostly blocked by the radio and it's housing.

I'm toying with the idea of installing tweeters in the upper corners of the windshield to complement midrange drivers in the OEM location, followed by a sub mounted between the seat and left console, but then I remind myself, this is a tractor...

Then again, there is NO sound-stage the way Deere set this up!

/ Upgrading stereo and speakers on 5085M deluxe cab #16  
I totally did not see you post about the left hand one, my bad. :confused3:

/ Upgrading stereo and speakers on 5085M deluxe cab #17  
Totally agree. The right side speaker is mostly blocked by the radio and it's housing.

I'm toying with the idea of installing tweeters in the upper corners of the windshield to complement midrange drivers in the OEM location, followed by a sub mounted between the seat and left console, but then I remind myself, this is a tractor...

Then again, there is NO sound-stage the way Deere set this up!

I am also adding an amplified 8in. sub behind the seat. I had to go with FUSION audio,will try it out and see what it sounds like,600watts:D

/ Upgrading stereo and speakers on 5085M deluxe cab #18  
Your alternator will be screaming. ;) Better be water proof, or I shall pay you a visit with your garden hose. :laughing: The woofer that is.

/ Upgrading stereo and speakers on 5085M deluxe cab #19  
geez JD, couldn't you supply something better than a no name Chinese paper cone speaker? Glad to see the replacement built with better materials. Today's electronics are so good most of the difference we hear is due to the speakers, and am glad you put a small subwoofer in so as not to overdrive the other relatively small speakers. Now if you want the best sound, super inexpensively, use a set of decent quality headphones, but then there's always the issue of not hearing things you really do want to hear...like a grinding or squealing noise from some mechanical problem. I have a Kubota L5740 cab on order, and I figured I would have to replace the speakers just like you did.
Crutchfield is really a gold mine here for info; I trust them totally. Drew

Got the aftermarket speakers installed.

Right side (above/behind the radio):

jdspeakerright.jpg

Left side:

jdspeakerleft.jpg

Now that I finally have my tractor back from the shop, I should get this stereo upgrade completed over the next few days as I finish putting the interior back together.