UPS DELIVERY WARNING

/ UPS DELIVERY WARNING #1  

RoyKing

Platinum Member
Tractor
M7060HSC/18, RTV-X1100C
This morning I got my notice a package delivery, along with the follow the delivery truck updating map and promise of a 9am delivery. By 11am is was now saying 12:30pm delivery, by 2pm it was saying 9PM delivery. About 6pm it was saying bad address, please update. The address was correct and UPS has my phone number. By 7pm it was saying package refused and being returned to sender.

Luckily I have the regional area distributor center phone number, I called the package had been returned, they admitted they are using private hired drivers, and said they would send it out again tomorrow, I asked with a real driver, answer probably not so you better give me directions. I asked don't they have GPS most likely no. So I called friend who lives near the depot, he went over and found it out on the counter, and said I;m here to get this package and walked out with it. Nobody even asked.

/ UPS DELIVERY WARNING #2  
Seems to me that Automatic Status Reporting systems are becoming less and less to be trusted. When you really look into a particular matter, you realize it's all just BS and no reasonable explanations are ever offered.

/ UPS DELIVERY WARNING #3  
Postal service has always had my trust but now it's gone the way of all other federal agencies. Over the past two years,I've had 2 packages left at end of drive where it intersect's public road 200 yards from house,postal worker pulling up at house with request in hand to pick a package up (he actually had the hold mail request I made on line),countless pieces delivered to wrong address and the list go's on.

/ UPS DELIVERY WARNING #4  
I was under the impression that UPS doesn't use independents for delivery, though they sometimes do for trucking.

-

I had similar happen with a Home Depot order delivery, but it was OnTrac parcel delivery. I got a text that a delivery was made at 830PM, when out to the gate (where UPS leaves things) and
... nada. No package. Called the next day and they insisted they'd delivered.

My guess is that my address being about an hour and a half from their depot, the delivery person decided not to bother coming up into the woods and just marked it delivered.

HD wasn't a lot of help, either. They said to contest the charge with my credit card company, and they'd give me 10% off if I ordered it again. I decided to chance it, reordered, and it came this time (not at 830pm either, but mid day), and HD did credit my cc with 10%.

I don't know yet the status of my credit card dispute, but I do have a transcript of the chat session with HD showing they told me to dispute the charge, we'll see.

/ UPS DELIVERY WARNING #5  
During the winter the UPS/USPS/FEDX man & his UPS/USPS/FEDX truck alway leave any package down at the beginning of my driveway. They will put the pkg in a plastic garbage sack and hang on my outer gate. Many years ago FEDX came down my driveway BEFORE I had plowed. He had to wait in my house - drink almost a full pot of coffee - while I got dressed and plowed my driveway. I was SO glad that he DID make it all the way into my yard. Would have been a bloody nightmare if he got stuck half way. My driveway is a mile long and gravel.

During the summer they will most often bring any pkg all the way to the house.

/ UPS DELIVERY WARNING #6  
Had a UPS delivery problem about a month ago. I called customer service and the issue was resolved quickly!

/ UPS DELIVERY WARNING #7  
It's easy, they didn't want to deliver it, so they marked it up as "declined" or "undeliverable" (for some random reason) so that they wouldn't get in trouble for not delivering it. They get scored on this stuff, and as long as they have a "reason" for not delivering it, it doesn't count against them.

No matter what tracking system they come up with, lazy people will find a way to game that system.

/ UPS DELIVERY WARNING #8  
Last year I ordered a new macbook pro on black friday. Shipping required signing. On Monday morning I got the Out for Delivery by 11am text message so I waited around all day for it...at 5:30pm I got a text message Delivered and my status suddenly changed to Delivered - left outside by front door. UPS also changed the delivery address to a different city.

I thought WTF, we just had a foot of snow dumped and they left it outside somewhere in a different city? No signature even?

Apple was quick to overnight ship a new one direct from china. UPS listed as out for delivery, then suddenly changed it to Customs Exception. Turns out UPS decided I somehow manipulated their driver to leave the delivery in a different city without signature and refused to deliver my new package. Took another week of arguing with the UPS customer service nazis before they grudgingly delivered my order. Merry Xmas to the first driver. FU UPS.

/ UPS DELIVERY WARNING #9  
Seems to me that Automatic Status Reporting systems are becoming less and less to be trusted. When you really look into a particular matter, you realize it's all just BS and no reasonable explanations are ever offered.

All this computer/A.I. based inventory/customer service sounds great, on paper. Lots of great ideas out there, not much great execution. As much as I can't stand amazon, they are the best.

My favorite and continues to happen all the time.

I go to lowe's, because we have no HD. I look for a kanuten valve or something. I find the slot on the shelve and it's dead empty, ok, i will order online.

I search Lowe's online and they tell me they have a kanuten valve in stock at the store i was just at and it qualifies for curb pickup. Of course it's never in stock, I just was there!

I.T. is here and we couldn't live without it but, the problem is, imho, unless there is an immediate profit involved, the SW doesn't ever get rung out, really tested.

Anybody have trouble buying something from amazon? 2 clicks!

/ UPS DELIVERY WARNING #10  
My friend used to work for FedEx until mid year and he told me they cannot hire enough people or keep drivers. Drivers know they will not get fired unless they do something awful so there is little incentive. The stories he told of seeing half naked kids living in squalor, aggressive dogs, and questionable "customers", etc etc was revealing. Not great working conditions and not a lot of money. $125/day to start then $145/day. Does not matter if you get done in 7 hours or 10 hours. Poorly maintained trucks...he had no snow tires for two months and he delivered in a heavy snow area 1 1/2 hours from the depot.

With Covid, the system got overloaded as well.

I do a lot of on-line shopping as I live in a remote area and had one package lost this year. I cannot complain about that level of service.