Use a Steeing Wheel Spinner ?

/ Use a Steeing Wheel Spinner ? #21  
Tractor supply company........ tsc ...........spinner 3.99 (black decent quality) up to 11.99......(aluminum in tractor colors).............TOM

/ Use a Steeing Wheel Spinner ? #22  
It always amazing to see the variety of comments on the same simple item. Everyone has their own preferences I guess! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I used to use one on my tractors without power steering. They are the most "dangerous" there but I think they are also the most helpful. I wouldn't want to have been without one. Now, as Bird mentioned, with power steering I see no need. I mow at high speed and steer with my index finger. I can whip that tractor anywhere I want with that single digit. A know would just get in the way and whack my knuckles!

/ Use a Steeing Wheel Spinner ? #23  
My JD dealer gave me one and I had intentions of using it. I noticed that if I put it say at 2 o'clock, it wouldn't stay at 2 o'clock. The steering wheel doesn't come back to the same position, after making a few turns.

I guess it wouldn't really matter, except having to look for it, instead of knowing where it would be.

/ Use a Steeing Wheel Spinner ? #24  
The default placement on my tractor when driving straight ahead is 7:00 to 9:00, a comfortable place for my left hand. My left hand is on the steering ball almost 100% of the time. I don't even think about it any more. My right hand is working throttle, joystick, and 3-point controls. The steering wheels are typically only 16", or so, in diameter on our newer machines so there's no real hunting for it even if you have stopped with the front wheels awander.

/ Use a Steeing Wheel Spinner ? #25  
For what it's worth, the Kubota B7500 (and probably the B2410) has power steering but the wheel returns to the same position each time, kinda nice when using a spinner. I don't see this too often with newer tractors.

/ Use a Steeing Wheel Spinner ? #26  
Dave___in___CT

Just in case the one you have posted is not fancy enough for your new tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Give this one a look. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Click Here

/ Use a Steeing Wheel Spinner ? #27  
( mow at high speed and steer with my index finger. I can whip that tractor anywhere I want with that single digit. )

I believe most of you are mowing with a 5'-6' mower on a 3-pt hitch attachment. Perhaps if you were mowing with my 15' flexwing pull-behind and doing alot of backing up for trim work, you'd have a different opinion on the spinner-knob. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Use a Steeing Wheel Spinner ?
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Dave___in___CT

Just in case the one you have posted is not fancy enough for your new tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Give this one a look. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Click Here )</font>

Good thing it's on sale for $85 ! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Dave...

/ Use a Steeing Wheel Spinner ? #29  
I remember that my father had one on the old 8N for a while. He farmed 20 acres with it, including mowing, plowing, disking, planting, and cultivating. Mowing and planting were done with modified horse-drawn equipment, with me riding in the seat to work the pedals and levers. I don't recall how long he used the spinner, but it disappeared somewhere along the way. I thought it was rather scandelous, since all of the kids my age who had brothers old enough to drive called them "necker's knobs": they allowed you to drive with only one hand...

The 8N outlasted my father, although the spinner has been long gone. I still have it (and the 20 acres), but the thing burns so much oil that I can hardly stand to use it (hope to overhaul it some day). Since the cropland is now farmed by a fellow who works about 2000 acres in the area, I bought a BX23 to handle all the remaining digging, mowing, grading, tilling, and spraying tasks. I can steer the '23 with one finger, so no need for a spinner on it.

/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Use a Steeing Wheel Spinner ? #30  
<font color="blue"> Good thing it's on sale for $85 ! </font>

Yikes /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I'd need a $75 rebate for that to work on my tractor!