Used Value vs Age

/ Used Value vs Age #212  
And people wonder why no one believes them after they do this stuff..
Agree. That is pretty bad. I think some people guzzle the end of the world kool aid. It’s like they want the world disasters.
However, I know it’s all about 2 things, money and power.
And unless there’s a new and radical change from what is going on with the environment now, nobody will ever change my mind.

/ Used Value vs Age #214  
Ice Age, Global warming... Anyone remember what happened to the central portions of the USA in the 1930's? The heat and drought ended up eliminating most of the top soil as it was blown east.

Can't we just admit that our planet has climate cycles - cycles we still do not understand?

There is an agenda with all the environmental warnings.. but who benefits from the agenda? Hard to see. Do governments want to control us using fear? To justify their existence by declaring "disaster is around the corner"? Has humanity not learned to test what we have been told?

I find myself singing an old Dione Warwick song, "What's it all about Alfie?" I just try to focus on being kind and doing for those I care about all I can do to help them prosper. Others will step in and get in the way, but I will keep working to stay true to those I care about.

The big issues are beyond my control.. Others better than me will have to solve them if solutions can be had. I'll try to do no harm.. but I will not swallow the Kool-Aid. I was taught to think and to learn, to listen and adapt. That is what I will keep doing. I have maybe 15 years left on this planet.. we will see what changes happen in those next 15.

/ Used Value vs Age #215  
Ice Age, Global warming... Anyone remember what happened to the central portions of the USA in the 1930's? The heat and drought ended up eliminating most of the top soil as it was blown east.

Can't we just admit that our planet has climate cycles - cycles we still do not understand?

There is an agenda with all the environmental warnings.. but who benefits from the agenda? Hard to see. Do governments want to control us using fear? To justify their existence by declaring "disaster is around the corner"? Has humanity not learned to test what we have been told?

I find myself singing an old Dione Warwick song, "What's it all about Alfie?" I just try to focus on being kind and doing for those I care about all I can do to help them prosper. Others will step in and get in the way, but I will keep working to stay true to those I care about.

The big issues are beyond my control.. Others better than me will have to solve them if solutions can be had. I'll try to do no harm.. but I will not swallow the Kool-Aid. I was taught to think and to learn, to listen and adapt. That is what I will keep doing. I have maybe 15 years left on this planet.. we will see what changes happen in those next 15.

I agree with that. The earth has cycles. We can speed them up or slow them down for our convenience but probably not stop them from happening.

There is a problem in that humans and life as we know it are somewhat fragile and tied to this particular climate cycle. But life itself in some form seems to be pretty persistant & will go on. The big problem that the climate screamers have is that they want people and this same world to survive... well, that's a bit self-centered and selfish don't you think?

The earth and its life will probably go on just fine regardless of what people do. The big difference is that it may or may not include people or a lifestyle that looks anything like it does today.

That doesn't bother me, but it does seem to bother the environmentalists.
rScotty

Last edited:
   / Used Value vs Age #216  
Environmentalists aren't ecologists. Environmentalists are liberal capitalists: trying to manage resources for exploitation- exploitation is exploitation.

ALL living things will overwhelm their environment if there's no check on population sizes.

rScotty summed it all up perfectly: "The earth and its life will probably go on just fine regardless of what people do. The big difference is that it may or may not include people or a lifestyle that looks anything like it does today." [until the sun implodes/burns out, but that'll take just a wee bit longer ;)]

/ Used Value vs Age #217  
You should never let the irresponsibility of your neighbor keep you from doing what’s right. The United States is a leader, not a follower, and the best leader is one who leads by example.
It is so wonderfully pleasing to dream about good things!

Last edited:
   / Used Value vs Age #218  
Kind of off topic but Mallet, the front tires on your nova appear to be mounted backwards. You probably never drive it in the rain but mounted like that they are channeling all the water towards the center of the tire as they roll forward.

/ Used Value vs Age #219  
Kind of off topic but Mallet, the front tires on your nova appear to be mounted backwards. You probably never drive it in the rain but mounted like that they are channeling all the water towards the center of the tire as they roll forward.
OK, I went out to the shed and checked. I think you’re right. It looks like I put them on the wrong side. Looking at the rears they are opposite. That’s a very good eye you have. My oldest son works in a tire shop and he never mentioned that to me. Thanks for the tip.(y)

Attachments

• C5530C74-BD7E-4AFE-BD4A-D8ED767D47A7.jpeg
    C5530C74-BD7E-4AFE-BD4A-D8ED767D47A7.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 74
  • 02DF8AA9-03F8-4DA9-B22B-3B2F3E19F00F.jpeg
    02DF8AA9-03F8-4DA9-B22B-3B2F3E19F00F.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 66
  • 562A4C03-C7EA-4E3D-94F4-7EDCCC4E99F2.jpeg
    562A4C03-C7EA-4E3D-94F4-7EDCCC4E99F2.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 59
  • 5DA48AFD-7939-4EA7-BB29-2A146B600BC2.jpeg
    5DA48AFD-7939-4EA7-BB29-2A146B600BC2.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 57
   / Used Value vs Age #220  
OK, I went out to the shed and checked. I think you’re right. It looks like I put them on the wrong side. Looking at the rears they are opposite. That’s a very good eye you have. My oldest son works in a tire shop and he never mentioned that to me. Thanks for the tip.(y)
Directional tires (like those) should have an arrow on the sidewall that will tell you if it's mounted right
ctRotate.jpg
IMG_26091488479039.jpg