Uses for extra Quick Hitch Top Hooks?

/ Uses for extra Quick Hitch Top Hooks? #21  
Here's Priefert's version of the QH, spendy and no longer available - fortunately I saved the pic BEFORE they decided to get out of the implement biz
PriefertMod2HFQH.JPG
when making all of my QH stuff actually "quick" finds its way back to the top of the project list, that's one of the "inspirations" I'll most likely use :D ...Steve

Oh, and no this is NOT "OT" - my HF's hooks WILL get re-used, 'cause they'll be WELDED to the part that slides up and down, so they'll stick out far enough NOT to interfere with the top pins :thumbsup:

/ Uses for extra Quick Hitch Top Hooks? #22  
Here's Priefert's version of the QH, spendy and no longer available - fortunately I saved the pic BEFORE they decided to get out of the implement biz
View attachment 601929
when making all of my QH stuff actually "quick" finds its way back to the top of the project list, that's one of the "inspirations" I'll most likely use :D ...Steve

Oh, and no this is NOT "OT" - my HF's hooks WILL get re-used, 'cause they'll be WELDED to the part that slides up and down, so they'll stick out far enough NOT to interfere with the top pins :thumbsup:

Steve I would just BUY a used JD quick hitch and add the adjustable top link hook.

IMG_4812.jpg

/ Uses for extra Quick Hitch Top Hooks? #23  
That looks like a PITA too....4 pins to pull and line up when changing the hook position. Also 4 clips to drop on the ground and have to find in the weeds.

I modified my HF QH so I could use these receiver hitch style pins but they'd work on other QH's as well. No clips to lose.
View attachment 601921

Nope.....Mod all my attachments to fit one configuration..... Mod once, not adjust 50 times....

Dale

/ Uses for extra Quick Hitch Top Hooks? #24  
"Steve I would just BUY a used JD quick hitch and add the adjustable top link hook. "

Terry, I might - except for...
1. I already have two "spare" HF quick hitches, 1 for a future adapter to use 3ph stuff on the hoe and 1 to add my version of QA for the case's loader :rolleyes:
2. I get excited every time I see a project that could use my V2.0 "MDVT" setup (drill, 10 turns, drill, 10 turns, etc) :licking:
3. I get irritated every time I see what JD wants for EVERYTHING they sell :mad:
4. Just in case, got a link to whichever hitch (see what I did there? :laughing:) you referred to?? ... Steve

/ Uses for extra Quick Hitch Top Hooks? #25  
".Mod all my attachments to fit one configuration..... Mod once, not adjust 50 times...."

Dale, that's fairly high up on my list too - think I'm maybe 1/3 of the way there so far... Steve

/ Uses for extra Quick Hitch Top Hooks? #26  
Technical a real Quick Hitch should not have need fora adjustable top hook.... Specification for CAT 1 QH states top hook should be 15 inches above bottom hooks....

ASAEquickHitchImplementDim.jpg

See spec F1 in proper "category" for your QH...

Dale

/ Uses for extra Quick Hitch Top Hooks? #27  
Sad thing is this looks like best thing since sliced bread.... To bad it dropped off market.....

601929d1556213949-uses-extra-quick-hitch-top-priefertmod2hfqh-jpg

Sort of makes me think if one has to mod their QH this might just be way to go....

Dale

/ Uses for extra Quick Hitch Top Hooks? #28  
"if one has to mod their QH this might just be way to go"

Same here Dale, that's why I saved that pic - I never did find out exactly how those sliding verticals work, guessing they allow changing width from Cat1 to Cat2.

After having one of my HF hitches crack at a seam (I don't think it likes my 1100# Gannon box much), I'm pretty sure when I mod my QH's I'll make that "tower" as a tee, so the base can be welded across the horizontal square tube for more strength.

If ever there was a project MADE for one of my brain farts, this mod would be it... Steve

Attachments

• XY-Use-1.jpg
    XY-Use-1.jpg
    341 KB · Views: 238
  • XY-Use-8.jpg
    XY-Use-8.jpg
    355.6 KB · Views: 241
   / Uses for extra Quick Hitch Top Hooks? #29  
After buying one of Ken's extended i-Match top hooks, I use the old one for a paper weight in the tin shed. It is useful at the weld/assembly table also for holding things in the perfect position.

/ Uses for extra Quick Hitch Top Hooks? #30  
Steve. I have those pics saved in my BuckitCase’s Holier Than Thou File.