Using backhoe ports for toplink on CK/CX

/ Using backhoe ports for toplink on CK/CX #1  

bitbanger

Tractor
CS2220
Hey all - I don't have much hydraulic experience and am a bit confused about what exactly is on my tractor and my options. It's a CX2510 with backhoe. There are two ports on the rear. To operate the backhoe I move the fender lever to "A". There is a B position, as well as center. It is not spring return to center.

Kioti is calling this a "remote". Is it actually a power beyond? I guess since they don't get looped when backhoe is off it's not PB (also no relief or tank connection). So the way it operates is the opposite port (depending on lever position) will return to tank?

Is this compatible with a hyd top link with a double-piloted check on the cylinder? I just have to make sure to return the lever to center after adjusting... or I'll go against relief in the tractor?

I asked Kioti when I ordered the tractor about adding a traditional spring return to center remote/lever but they don't offer an additional one.

Thanks!

Last edited:
   / Using backhoe ports for toplink on CK/CX #2  
Yes you can use those ports on a hydraulic link. You would move the lever from center to flow which ever direction to the cylinder, and then return it to the center position. On my TYM, the 3-point wont lift unless the lever is in the center.

You probably can’t operate the backhoe without the valve with the detents. So, your choice is to see if you can get a self centering valve to run the 3-point with, and then figure out how to secure the valve handle when you run the backhoe. Or leave the detent valve on to run the backhoe, and remember you have to move the valve to work your 3-pt.

/ Using backhoe ports for toplink on CK/CX #3  
If I'm working this out right in my head, yes, yes you should be able to use a hydraulic top link. That said, without a return to center, I imagine it would be a pain in the arse.

/ Using backhoe ports for toplink on CK/CX #4  
Yes you can use those ports on a hydraulic link. You would move the lever from center to flow which ever direction to the cylinder, and then return it to the center position. On my TYM, the 3-point wont lift unless the lever is in the center.

Ayuh, same with my Kioti.

/ Using backhoe ports for toplink on CK/CX #5  
I have the detent valve on mine, and plan to put two splitter valves on it to run the top link and one side link.

/ Using backhoe ports for toplink on CK/CX
Just came across this, which I guess confirms it will return to tank, and that flow is blocked to three point unless it is centered. I suppose if backhoe is being operated they don't want it being actuated (since three point arms stay attached).

I'm actually not 100% sure if it springs to center when outside of detent... Do they normally? (Haven't taken delivery yet and I'm already buying accessories haha).

Also A and B ports are blocked at center, so do I really need the double piloted check on the cylinder?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230125-143119.png
    Screenshot_20230125-143119.png
    388.6 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
You probably can’t operate the backhoe without the valve with the detents. So, your choice is to see if you can get a self centering valve to run the 3-point with, and then figure out how to secure the valve handle when you run the backhoe. Or leave the detent valve on to run the backhoe, and remember you have to move the valve to work your 3-pt.
Thanks for confirming. I see Summit hydraulics has some kits specific to CK/CX that open up some options as well. I called and they said if it's model specific that means they've actually borrowed a tractor to measure line lengths etc which is nice.

/ Using backhoe ports for toplink on CK/CX #8  
Hey all - I don't have much hydraulic experience and am a bit confused about what exactly is on my tractor and my options. It's a CX2510 with backhoe. There are two ports on the rear. To operate the backhoe I move the fender lever to "A". There is a B position, as well as center. It is not spring return to center.

Kioti is calling this a "remote". Is it actually a power beyond? I guess since they don't get looped when backhoe is off it's not PB (also no relief or tank connection). So the way it operates is the opposite port (depending on lever position) will return to tank?

Is this compatible with a hyd top link with a double-piloted check on the cylinder? I just have to make sure to return the lever to center after adjusting... or I'll go against relief in the tractor?

I asked Kioti when I ordered the tractor about adding a traditional spring return to center remote/lever but they don't offer an additional one.

Thanks!
I have the exact same setup. I leave the lever in the center and move (inch) the lever towards the B or A position to extract or retract the top link cylinder. Just don't move the lever all the way to lock in A or B as you would with the backhoe or it will go against the relief as you stated. I don't know how I got along without hyd top link before.

I have the exact same setup. I leave the lever in the center and move (inch) the lever towards the B or A position to extract or retract the top link cylinder. Just don't move the lever all the way to lock in A or B as you would with the backhoe or it will go against the relief as you stated. I don't know how I got along without hyd top link before.
Nice. Are you using a cylinder with piloted checks, or just a straight cylinder?

/ Using backhoe ports for toplink on CK/CX #10  
As said above - pushing the lever all the way in either direction should cause it to hold in that position. You can feel it do so. Before you move the lever that far if you let go it should spring to center. At least I believe that's the common action for the remote option.
And unless you've got the backhoe hooked up you definitely don't want to put the lever all the way over to A or B and leave it there as you'll dead-head the system and ruin the hydraulic pump.

E.