UTV at 8600 ft?

/ UTV at 8600 ft? #61  
I've gotten fantastic, trouble free service out of the last 10 Kubota tractors I've owned, why we bought a Kubota Ute. I have not had good results with Honda products in the past. Candidly speaking, I'd never buy anything Honda again, cars, motorcycles, UTV's, generators, anything Honda is bad ju ju for me.

/ UTV at 8600 ft? #62  
The Sidekick would be my choice because it's sequentially fuel injected so it's not impacted by altitude, the EFI compensates for it.

Well actually, a EFI system will compensate the amount of fuel required for high altitude operation but the Sidekick will definitely be "impacted" by the lower air density. Without a turbo/supercharger, there is no way it gets the same air as we do at sea level. I'm sure with the EFI it will run clean with the right fuel mix, but it WILL be wheezing a bit.

/ UTV at 8600 ft? #63  
Well actually, a EFI system will compensate the amount of fuel required for high altitude operation but the Sidekick will definitely be "impacted" by the lower air density. Without a turbo/supercharger, there is no way it gets the same air as we do at sea level. I'm sure with the EFI it will run clean with the right fuel mix, but it WILL be wheezing a bit.

Could be. Being a 'flat lander', not an issue here.

/ UTV at 8600 ft? #64  
Quick update: starting takes a bit...but after it gets running it is fine. I got the hand throttle kit and it helps. I can get up and down all of my roads (pretty hilly) in H gear. Just picked up studded chains to go along with the Boss V plow this winter. We will see how it pushes snow uphill. If it struggles I may still add turbo.

Hows that RTV Doing in that elevation ??
We have property in Chaffee County. But live in Texas. Seriously debating the Turbo Kit, Just hate to spend the money if its not a Must Have item . We are going to bring it up in the spring, got one **** of a hill to climb on our property. Concerned to say the least.
Sold an old Mule that wouldnt pull its own weight last time we took it to Colorado ,.. Had to have this X1100C for the cab and A/C.
My unit does have throttle kit.

( I see after the fact we have spoken before pm )

Last edited: