UTV - Trying to Decide

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #61  
Seems like hardly anyone is building "pull start" atv's anymore? I've used ATV's (no box), UTV's and our 6x6 which has a box for work. I will not recommend something without a box for work anymore. We love this silly 6x6 and surprised more aren't used here. No
I would say most folks don't want to work ATV,s they want to rip around and go fast or run threw mud pits.

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #62  
Dang... I totally forgot about the Roxor! When they came out I kind of wrote them off because of the price, but not that I've priced cabbed UTVs it seems like an attractive option. I'm looking them up now. Thanks
Used to be Roxor dealers around here a few years back but they seem to have gone out of business.If you go on the Roxor webpage you cannot even build a 2021 model.

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #63  
Recently picked up a new RTV-XG850 Sidekick. Used are pretty much non-existing in my area and the same price as new. K has 0% financing for 48 months on right now.

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #64  
My definition of a work ATV is something like the Suzuki Vinson I have had since 2010. Water cooled, 500cc, front/rear racks, good hitch, electric and pull starter. I can attach all I need to carry on a crate I tie to the racks. It does my trails great. I can attach a pull behind brush hog and get into tight spaces. It takes me to the far end of our 80 acres. It has a plow I can attach for snow and pushes the snow we get here just fine.

It’s getting older and I’ve put many hours/miles on the machine.

MoKelly
I had a 2007 Vinson for 13 years and used it to work around our property. I should have kept it and not traded it in.

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #65  
I had a 2007 Vinson for 13 years and used it to work around our property. I should have kept it and not traded it in.

Agree. I paid $3999 for it 10 or so years ago. It’s been very loyal. I’m still using it but it has seen better days.

MoKelly

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #66  
Curious what you hate your RTV 1100c ?
I specifically said I don't hate it. Not hating it doesn't make it a good purchase. It can't climb a hill without dropping below 10 MPH. The trim is coming loose around the top. It was super-expensive. It should have a stock turbo on the engine.

To reiterate, I could have bought two used Jeeps that would better fit my needs and still have money left over. That's all. If a fellow has an unlimited supply of money and wants a UTV that matches his tractor, then the RTV is the way to go. I wouldn't buy one again is all I'm saying. Too expensive, not enough versatility, not enough power. YMMV.

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #67  
I specifically said I don't hate it. Not hating it doesn't make it a good purchase. It can't climb a hill without dropping below 10 MPH. The trim is coming loose around the top. It was super-expensive. It should have a stock turbo on the engine.

To reiterate, I could have bought two used Jeeps that would better fit my needs and still have money left over. That's all. If a fellow has an unlimited supply of money and wants a UTV that matches his tractor, then the RTV is the way to go. I wouldn't buy one again is all I'm saying. Too expensive, not enough versatility, not enough power. YMMV.

I've been watching this thread to see where it goes since every time I've looked at ATV/UTV I've come to the conclusion that buying an old pickup (especially a small one), or a larger tractor (one with a buddy/instructor seat) would seem to make more sense even though I really like the concept of a ATV/UTV.

Granted I don't have much experience on either ATVs or UTVs so I have a hard time believing the suspension would do much for all kinds of rough terrain. Just thinking that hitting wheel-sized pot-holes is going make for a rough ride no matter how good the suspension, and racing through the woods (even on a trail) at higher speeds makes me wonder how often deer or other animals would get in the way (seeing as how often they do on public roads going through wooded areas).

So while I can see the versatility of both UTVs and ATVs the best thing they seem to have going for them is the size, but the price (even used) .... different solutions for different people and situations I guess -- but don't let me derail an interesting thread as it's been interesting to watch it develop and different ideas put forth....

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #68  
Though an option that hasn't been mentioned yet might be a surplus HMMV since they tend to have very good approach/departure angles, along with good carry/towing capacities .... even though the visibility tends to be pretty bad with a top on.

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #69  

I live in a hilly area the wife and I took our new 2021 RTV 1100 out the other day for the first time.We headed up the biggest hill in our area and the RTV held 15-17 mph up hill (high gear) which I was pretty satisfied with since our old 2006 RYV 900 was more the speed you stated..Sorry your unit has not worked out like you expected..

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #70  
As a 13 year owner of an RTV1100 I'll say I really like mine. Great for property stuff and especially plowing snow. Main complaints, roof is unnecessarily high and as others mentioned, the uphill speed limitations. A turbo might help with that but I'm not overly interested in that path.