Very disappointed with my landscape rake

/ Very disappointed with my landscape rake #31  
View attachment 597209

I built this for my Steiner specifically for cleaning up debris if dropping a tree on a turf area.

What makes it different is that each tine is on a bushing, on a rod so it follows the contour and doesn't dig in. It works great. The tines can also be arrested to work like a normal rake and it can really dig in.

As far as picking up small piles of branches. Really, there is no way except by hand, but at least they are in a pile.
This looks great! Any chance you’d share your plans? I’d love to make one of these! Thanks!

/ Very disappointed with my landscape rake #32  
Actually I'm wondering if this implement might work good for me to rake leaves? My second spring season on my new property and we rake a lot of leaves around the house using hand rakes and tarps to bring the leaves to the burn barrel.
Get gage wheels if you buy a landscape rake...make the job easier and minimize the tines digging in.
I thought about buying one, but I think a leaf vacuum might be a better choice

/ Very disappointed with my landscape rake #33  
I have used my EA rake to get limbs and tree clippings with the gauge wheels. I set it to be a bit higher than the grass ~.5-1" and removed every other tine, but left the two outermost tines doubled to keep things from windowing out a bit. I thought I was going to turf the heck out of my grass, but it worked pretty well. I love it when I don't need to worry about the grass underneath. I use it more for doing dirt work and trying to help remove some of the rocks out of my food plots before rototilling.

If you are talking tiny branches you could try hitting them with a rotary cutter or flail if you had one. Better that then your finish mower.