Video cam problems

/ Video cam problems #1  

D7E

Veteran Member
Tractor
Versatile 895 Versatile 876 Ford TW20 Ford TW5 MF 3505 FWA MF 390 FWA Ford 7600 Fiat 766 FWA JD 2030 MF 165 MF 35 Fordson major x 3 CAT 416 b Backhoe Case 580 b backhoe MF
I waited for the boxing day sales and bought myself a video camera but having trouble loading the software.All my others have loaded automatically but halfway through the load this one calls for a "key" to be entered .Am i missing something obvious here or do i have to call the manufacturer for an activation code or something...?
PS...its a Hewlett-packard HD camera...!

/ Video cam problems #2  
there may be a activation key. Havent heard of it before for software like that. Have a look in the box for a piece of paper with it on it. Might be on the sleeve the DVD was in.

Posting a little more detail of the message would help.

Is this the driver DVD? or some included video software?

You should be able to grab the videos off the camera without going through HP's software, so long as the drivers are there.

/ Video cam problems
Thats basically it..halfway through the loading the driver brings up "Enter license key". I can use the camera and view on the TV directly but will not let me by-pass the download procedure or proceed without entering whatever it is for the computer. I've tried pin numbers and serial numbers found on the camera and in the manual with no joy....

/ Video cam problems
HaHAAAA got it. A code on the back of the CD sleeve with no indication as to what they are but it worked...**** i feel silly now..!

/ Video cam problems #5  
Glad you got 'er. Enjoy your new cam