VIN NUMBER ISSUE

/ VIN NUMBER ISSUE #1  

Fordman98

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kgro
I'm in the process of buying a new kioti tractor. Yesterday the dealer called and said everything is setup and ready to go on their end. But the kioti financing company is saying the VIN number of the tractor had already be applied for financing.

My dealer is thinking another dealer probably just wrote in a VIN incorrectly at one point. But I'm not sure how that could happen. My dealer has been great helping me out in this whole process, but this just seems like an odd situation to me.

Has anybody heard of something similar happening before?

/ VIN NUMBER ISSUE #2  
Would be hard to do as there's check digit in a VIN. Simple explanation, I think it's the 9th digit, if the other digits/letters in the VIN don't add up to whatever the process used to calculate the check digit, there's something wrong. So if you had one digit wrong out of 16, it would show up as a non valid VIN.
Someone went in and used the VIN off the tractor you're looking at to apply for financing? Someone applied and was denied maybe? Whatever you decide I'd be finding where else the VIN is on the tractor and confirming it. I know heavy equipment is usually the left rear outside frame rail, heavy trucks are the right front just behind the wheel stamped into the frame............Mike

*** I thought you meant a digit was wrong, not the complete VIN*

/ VIN NUMBER ISSUE #3  
With the KIOTI Serial Number System, this would be possible. Not a huge deal, your dealer will be able to sort it out with KIOTI. It's happened to us, takes a couple phone calls to get it straightened out.

Welcome to the Pack !!

/ VIN NUMBER ISSUE
With the KIOTI Serial Number System, this would be possible. Not a huge deal, your dealer will be able to sort it out with KIOTI. It's happened to us, takes a couple phone calls to get it straightened out.

Welcome to the Pack !!
Good to hear this has happened before at least! Yeah that's what the dealer said. They were just waiting on a return phone call and should have it sorted out

/ VIN NUMBER ISSUE #5  
Weird! I recently saw a thread on GTT about a guy getting notice that his JD vin didn't match what they had on his finance papers. I suppose the dealer tried to finance the same VIN twice. The tractor he had and had been paying for has a different VIN than what he financed but his bill of sale matches his tractor VIN.

A couple of other folks chimed in on that thread saying their vin didn't match at delivery but they caught it before it became a problem.

I guess tractor dealers are kind of sloppy about making sure the vin numbers match between the sale and the delivery.

/ VIN NUMBER ISSUE #6  
Yeah I'm wondering if the same VIN was entered previously and the sale didn't happen or maybe the impatient salesperson hit the submit twice because the computer was too slow. Anyways it will get sorted... I wouldn't worry about it but I'm guessing since this is probably an exciting deal, the wait isn't fun.

/ VIN NUMBER ISSUE #7  
Just be glad you didn't get a notice after owning it for 6 months or longer. Make sure when the deal goes down that the numbers match the tractor you get on ALL your documents.

/ VIN NUMBER ISSUE
Hmm must be a little more common than I thought. But I'll definitely be double checking everything at delivery!

/ VIN NUMBER ISSUE #9  
Fordman98, definately make sure things match up. You may run into a ridgid buraucratic system like my boss did. Took 4 weeks to fix, and needed a cancel, then reissue as the system wouldn't let you fix the problem directly. (Dealer criss crossed rego / vin on 2 trucks, ours was delivered a month late.)

/ VIN NUMBER ISSUE
The tractor arrived on Tuesday with all vin issues taken care of! I am still waiting on the dealer to get the box blade in. But overall loving the kioti so far. 20200303_155425.jpg20200304_172231.jpg