W.R. Long 3rd function kit -vs- OEM

/ W.R. Long 3rd function kit -vs- OEM #1  

orangetree

Silver Member
Tractor
kioti ck2610
I'm not finding much direct comparison between WRLong third functions and OEM kits.

I am considering installing it myself (mainly to learn more about maintenance). Both kits are virtually the same price. I'm on a kioti, and the instructions are from what i read - but i care more about long-term quality and how protected / out of the way the valve and lines are run; It's a few hours work either way, and use it for what, 30++ years?

Does anyone have direct experience with the WRLong vs any particular OEM's kit, especially on a CUT/SCUT (or Kioti - but even my dealer has only installed 3 units in the several years it's been out ... doesn't seem to be a large population).

Hows the design/durability, and how protected / out of the way are the value and hoses?

/ W.R. Long 3rd function kit -vs- OEM
here's a good close-up of the OEM for my particular brand, if you're comparing it to your WRLong

one of the odd things is Kioti's take on this puts the valve immediately under the left floor/step; while it has sheet metal covering it - it still seems pretty exposed.

Also, there is a great thread out there about retrofitting the Deer grip; the Kioti remote seems fine, but the Deer looks great too, and is surprisingly cheap.

/ W.R. Long 3rd function kit -vs- OEM #3  
My only experience is with a WR Long 3rd function valve. Installed by the dealer in 2014. Used with my Land Pride grapple. Must be in a good location. Never been damaged and never had any problems with it.
IMG_0131.jpeg