Wacky Warning Labels

/ Wacky Warning Labels #1  

SkyPup

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L-39 GST TLB, Kubota L3130GST, Massey 1030 HST, Kubota ZD-21 ProDecK, Two Euro VW TDIs
This is pretty phunny or not?

First Prize goes to a label on a small tractor that warns, "Danger: Avoid Death,"

http://www.wackywarnings.com/

Avoid_Death_Warning_left.jpg

/ Wacky Warning Labels
I always liked the ones on gasoline fuel tanks on lawnmowers, pressure washers, etc. that state, "Danger - Do Not Use Open Flame to Check Fuel Level." Unfortunately, their attorneys are all assuming that the user can actually read????? :rolleyes:

Or how about the bass fishing lure with a three-pronged hook on the end warns: “Harmful if Swallowed." :D

Last edited:
   / Wacky Warning Labels #3  
I think almost anything you buy these days qualifies for the wacky warning label award...

"This product is known to cause cancer in the State of California..."

Even Christmas lights cause cancer in California now. Up until a few days ago, I didn't know that. But, since I'm in Illinois, I'm OK, I suppose.

If I lived in California, I'd get out of there quick... everything will kill you there, it's a dangerous place.

/ Wacky Warning Labels
This warning was on a bottle of liquid drain cleaner:

"If you do not understand or cannot read all directions, cautions and warnings, do not use this product."

They should have just simply printed the telephone number of the nearest Accident Attorney onto the product....... :rolleyes:

/ Wacky Warning Labels #5  
One of my all time favorites was from a pair of new wiper blades. The warning label said:

" Do not attempt to install new blades while wipers are in motion."

/ Wacky Warning Labels #6  
I think I got y'all beat.

I was reading my peanut butter bottle a while back.. had an alergy warning on it " Product may contain peanuts"

Gosh.. I HOPE SO!

Soundguy

/ Wacky Warning Labels #7  
SkyPup said:
I always liked the ones on gasoline fuel tanks on lawnmowers, pressure washers, etc. that state, "Danger - Do Not Use Open Flame to Check Fuel Level."

I went to high school with a guy that was stealing gas from a motorcycle at night. He checked to see how much fuel it had with a lighter. He burned his face pretty bad, sued for big money, and won.

/ Wacky Warning Labels #8  
Only in America...:mad:

The judge that even accepted that case and didn't throw it out of court should be thrown off the bench.

/ Wacky Warning Labels #9  
Gas can label: "Do not take internally."

Homer Simpson: "Hey, that one was for me!"

The peanut butter one is the best. One has to wonder if the combination of these sorts of concerns along with the tort system in this country if we are systematically going to breed the common sense right out of future generations.

My wife gets a kick out of the macabre stick figures on the warning decals all over my tractor. Here favorites are 'twisty man' who is wrapped around the PTO shaft, 'stick 'em up man' who is being crushed by what appears to be a bolder falling from the FEL and 'Gumby man' who is partly under one of the rear tires.

/ Wacky Warning Labels #10  
N80 said:
One has to wonder if the combination of these sorts of concerns along with the tort system in this country if we are systematically going to breed the common sense right out of future generations.
I think it's being stripped out of our kids by the public school system, with the liberal NEA/Dept. of Education at the root. And MTV and all that other similar crap doesn't help either.

I also think it's the ultra protective society that we're living in right now. We don't let kids go out and experience life and learn things the hard way. I've got an 11 year old nephew that until this past summer, I don't think has ever used a lawn mower. His mom won't make him go outside and mow the lawn, so that he doesn't get hurt on anything. I don't know about him, but when I was a kid, I usually didn't LEARN anything unless it drew some blood or left a blister on my fingers! How are our youth going to get prepared for the world when they're so "protected" from it as children?