WAKE UP!

/ WAKE UP! #31  
Hit a broken cinder block and it took out the shear pin with it. The PTO shaft then popped off an external snap ring thats supposed to be a safety measure for the shaft, and the whole PTO came loose from the gearbox on the rotary cutter. The PTO shaft was flailing around like a kid with a baseball bat trying to hit a home run. EEOUCH

/ WAKE UP! #32  
Hit a broken cinder block and it took out the shear pin with it. The PTO shaft then popped off an external snap ring thats supposed to be a safety measure for the shaft, and the whole PTO came loose from the gearbox on the rotary cutter. The PTO shaft was flailing around like a kid with a baseball bat trying to hit a home run. EEOUCH

/ WAKE UP! #33  
I love to bush hog without the loader on...what a sense of freedom! But when I am in tall grass with unknown obsticles I keep the loader on and the bucket hovering just off the ground. That is a tip that I learned on this site a few years ago and what a life saver it has been!

I have hit alot of softball sized rocks in the past and wow! What a bang those make! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ WAKE UP! #34  
I love to bush hog without the loader on...what a sense of freedom! But when I am in tall grass with unknown obsticles I keep the loader on and the bucket hovering just off the ground. That is a tip that I learned on this site a few years ago and what a life saver it has been!

I have hit alot of softball sized rocks in the past and wow! What a bang those make! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ WAKE UP! #35  
Gene, I am with you. I love to bushhog w/o my loader also but when I am doing some virgin area I haven't been in before I always have the loader on and low.

BTW you are still welcome over anytime you want.

/ WAKE UP! #36  
Gene, I am with you. I love to bushhog w/o my loader also but when I am doing some virgin area I haven't been in before I always have the loader on and low.

BTW you are still welcome over anytime you want.

/ WAKE UP! #37  
The first time I brush-hogged our property after we bought it, I "found" a few old tires, an acethylene tank and a car battery, among other things.

/ WAKE UP! #38  
The first time I brush-hogged our property after we bought it, I "found" a few old tires, an acethylene tank and a car battery, among other things.

/ WAKE UP! #39  
Has to be this old cast iron wagon axle I disovered last summer on the edge of the field... luckily just blew apart half of the spindle on one side of it, but what a racket!

On a side note, it did give me a pretty good serrated edge on the blades! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ WAKE UP! #40  
Has to be this old cast iron wagon axle I disovered last summer on the edge of the field... luckily just blew apart half of the spindle on one side of it, but what a racket!

On a side note, it did give me a pretty good serrated edge on the blades! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif