Chipper Wallenstein BX42 vs BXM42

/ Wallenstein BX42 vs BXM42 #41  
Hi FatTire, I use my chipper about 4 or 5 times every 6 months. Here, in Texas, we have lots of shrub growth, I knock it down regularly, then chip it. I can attach my well greased chipper in about 5 minutes, so it's never an issue for me. Some have said the attachment process is difficult and time consuming, but with good grease it's a snap.
My neighbors use a 'professional' chipping company, and they charge a $1,000 bucks a day. Now, they have a monster chipper, and a crew of about 5, and they clear a hillside quickly, BUT, even though I'm smaller and slower, I think the purchase of one will pay for itself in a few years. I really enjoy mine, and recommend it.
Best, Matt

/ Wallenstein BX42 vs BXM42 #42  
Hi FatTire, I use my chipper about 4 or 5 times every 6 months. Here, in Texas, we have lots of shrub growth, I knock it down regularly, then chip it. I can attach my well greased chipper in about 5 minutes, so it's never an issue for me. Some have said the attachment process is difficult and time consuming, but with good grease it's a snap.
My neighbors use a 'professional' chipping company, and they charge a $1,000 bucks a day. Now, they have a monster chipper, and a crew of about 5, and they clear a hillside quickly, BUT, even though I'm smaller and slower, I think the purchase of one will pay for itself in a few years. I really enjoy mine, and recommend it.
Best, Matt

Great, just wanted to make sure you haven't had problems with the machine, etc. Thanks for replying. Thinking I'm gonna order one later this year if I can't find a good used one before then.

/ Wallenstein BX42 vs BXM42 #43  
BTW- what is the issue with mounting the unit that requires grease? Pins spaced widely?

/ Wallenstein BX42 vs BXM42 #44  
Pano issues with mounting the unit. I've found that attacking any implement is a lot easier when I use grease. They are built extremely well, I looked on craigslist for months, the only ones I found sold quickly, for around 80% of new cost. So, I just purchased a new one. All the best, Matt

/ Wallenstein BX42 vs BXM42 #45  
I want one as well! Except Ill go with the BXM32 size. I'm interested if someone is selling one and wants to upgrade.

There are a couple Creary Bearcat models selling locally. They seem similar, but hard to get a comparison without having run either one of them. The blower discharge chute is an option/adder on those for an additional 1K$!

/ Wallenstein BX42 vs BXM42 #46  
Hi, I have the BXM42 chipper/mulcher on a Kioti CK35HST. I am happy with the unit, but 5" seems tops for my horsepower (28 at the pto). I would suggest 30 hp at the pto a minimum and I too had a beastly time unloading mine as well. No problem with lifting it now on the rear, but all in all its a pricey toy, dirty, noisy, and hard work. I think if rental was an option for the two or three times a year one needs one of these, keeping that $4700 Cdn in your jeans makes a lot of cents. Mine is for sale its listed here somewhere. Wear ALL protection around these tools, chips fly!