Chipper Wallenstein BX42 vs BXM42

/ Wallenstein BX42 vs BXM42 #22  
I was concerned that my 32hp wouldn't have enough power to really drive the chipper. After about 50 hours of use, I can say, the tractor has NO problem running the chipper. I made my decision based on the bigger is better theory, and I am very happy. That being said it's not a commercial chipper that can handle 12" inch tree trunks. Ultimately, my advice is this, like chainsaws and good chisels, keeping the cutting edges sharp is critical. What ever decision you make, keep your edges sharp and you'll be very happy. It will pay for itself in a season. All the best, Matt

/ Wallenstein BX42 vs BXM42 #23  
thanks for the pic, Do you feel your BMX 32 does the job, or do you feel like you should have gone with one size more? I am wondering about the shred capability.

BMX32 absolutely does the job. The only thing is that the opening is smaller than the the 42, so irregular branches sometimes have to be cut off to make it through.

/ Wallenstein BX42 vs BXM42 #24  
I too have a BXM32 and run it off a Kubota B2620 (19pto Hp) and have never ran the tractor more than 1700rpm with using the chipper/shredder and it just eats through everything I can throw at it.

Parking tractor next to brush piles of pine already cut and prep'ed to chip it processes the branches faster than myself and father in law can feed it! I keep any trunk material big enough for the wood pile for my wood stoves.

ear protection is a must as it sure is loud.

/ Wallenstein BX42 vs BXM42 #25  
I too have a BXM32 and run it off a Kubota B2620 (19pto Hp) and have never ran the tractor more than 1700rpm with using the chipper/shredder and it just eats through everything I can throw at it.

Parking tractor next to brush piles of pine already cut and prep'ed to chip it processes the branches faster than myself and father in law can feed it! I keep any trunk material big enough for the wood pile for my wood stoves.

ear protection is a must as it sure is loud.

Eh?!:)

/ Wallenstein BX42 vs BXM42 #27  
Kevin, does having to stop and cut the branches so they fit become an issue? That is my worry, but maybe it's unfounded.

thanks

/ Wallenstein BX42 vs BXM42 #28  
pictures or video of any BXM32 or 42's in action is much appreciated, especially if your really pushing the machine.
thanks

/ Wallenstein BX42 vs BXM42 #29  
No, I don't really have to stop to trim branches or anything. As I'm cutting down I try to do a decent job of it, then if there are any branches that are at an odd angle that may prevent them from going in, I tend to just break or snap them off. Pretty rare that I need to fire up the chainsaw to cut off the offending branch.

/ Wallenstein BX42 vs BXM42 #30  
Ok then it looks like the BXM 32 for me. I have a good mind to use woodward crossings as they seem the be the price leader. I wish locals would want to be a little more competitive, but I guess they have a margin to make.