Chipper Wallenstein BX42 vs BXM42

/ Wallenstein BX42 vs BXM42 #31  
You guys and your chippers and chipper/shredders are making me jealous. I want one but I've spent a small fortune on other stuff for the farm recently, so a big ticket item like this will have to wait.

But the rest of us can get some vicarious enjoyment if you guys will post some more pics.

/ Wallenstein BX42 vs BXM42 #32  
I have been wanting the same, more pics of them in use, real life condition's type of use would be great. I have been wanting one for some time now, and I have lots of branches to take care of, so instead of clearing brush and putting it aside, I figure I would clear and shred at the same time. I think it makes more sense to handle things one time. But maybe I'm just getting lazier as I age.

/ Wallenstein BX42 vs BXM42 #33  
I have been wanting the same, more pics of them in use, real life condition's type of use would be great. I have been wanting one for some time now, and I have lots of branches to take care of, so instead of clearing brush and putting it aside, I figure I would clear and shred at the same time. I think it makes more sense to handle things one time. But maybe I'm just getting lazier as I age.

I'd like to know if they handle brush a lot better if it's been dead for a while and dried out, versus branches from a freshly cut down tree. Common sense would lead me to believe the dried out one would chip a lot easier. But I'd like an idea of how much difference there is between the two.

I'd also like to know how they handle cedar trees and all the needles. I.e., do they clog up with the needles?

/ Wallenstein BX42 vs BXM42 #34  
You guys and your chippers and chipper/shredders are making me jealous. I want one but I've spent a small fortune on other stuff for the farm recently, so a big ticket item like this will have to wait.

But the rest of us can get some vicarious enjoyment if you guys will post some more pics.

I was quite happy with my BXM32 until the neighbour showed up to trim the trees along the fields.:laughing:
IMG_2660.JPG

/ Wallenstein BX42 vs BXM42 #35  
   / Wallenstein BX42 vs BXM42 #36  
I'd like to know if they handle brush a lot better if it's been dead for a while and dried out, versus branches from a freshly cut down tree. Common sense would lead me to believe the dried out one would chip a lot easier. But I'd like an idea of how much difference there is between the two.

I'd also like to know how they handle cedar trees and all the needles. I.e., do they clog up with the needles?

I own a BMXT 3213. I've found that freshly cut branches chip better than dry material. The moisture in the fresh branches lubricates and cools the blades. The dealer also mentioned this to me before I took the unit home, commenting that if you need to chip dry material you should mix in some newly cut material.

I've had no issues with needles from cedar trees clogging the unit. The cedars are dense with all the branches, though, and can be difficult to cram into the intake chute sometimes. The biggest problem I've had with cedars is having the little needles shake off and go down inside my shirt.

/ Wallenstein BX42 vs BXM42 #37  
I own a BMXT 3213. I've found that freshly cut branches chip better than dry material. The moisture in the fresh branches lubricates and cools the blades. The dealer also mentioned this to me before I took the unit home, commenting that if you need to chip dry material you should mix in some newly cut material.

I've had no issues with needles from cedar trees clogging the unit. The cedars are dense with all the branches, though, and can be difficult to cram into the intake chute sometimes. The biggest problem I've had with cedars is having the little needles shake off and go down inside my shirt.

That's interesting. I would have thought the exact opposite.

/ Wallenstein BX42 vs BXM42 #38  
x2... fresh chips smooth, steady and less noisy.
Dried out is choppy, more vibration in the hands using the chipper portion of chipper/shredder, less smooth

/ Wallenstein BX42 vs BXM42 #39  
Absolutely green, fresh trees are easier to chip than dry, dead ones! If I have lots of dead stuff to do, I try to mix in some green too. It seems to clear things out a bit too.

/ Wallenstein BX42 vs BXM42 #40  
Septemberwheat -- any update on how you like your BXM42 ? I am seriously considering purchasing one.