Chipper Wallenstein WOW!

/ Wallenstein WOW! #1  

motocephalic

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 Kubota L3200DT /FEL
Finally broke down and got me a BXM32 for my L3200. All I can say it runs superb, much more powerful than I thought it would be. I went through a pile of brush that I had nearby in about an hour, and made about 3yds of mulch. The shredder is voracious, and will suck in and pulverize anything near the shoot. It would simply rip it out of my hand. I should have worn gloves but I was very excited to try it while I had some daylight. It never broke idle, and never came close to slowing down. The stuff I was running through it was dry, unfortunately. I would chose to run greener limbs through it, as they seemed to go through it with greater ease. Two people feeding Wally meant no breaks for anyone. Overall I am really impressed with how this little machine ran for my short trial. I try and post some pics and maybe a video if I can get my helper to assist. I had to deal a little with my local guy, but finally got him down to a reasonable price compatible with others offering the same unit. I have about 5 acres to clean up in the next few years, and I think this thing will be just the right thing.

/ Wallenstein WOW! #2  
Don't worry

The thrill will subside, and then those piles of brush will look like so many hours of work.

But you do get the piles of shreds and chips to compost ;-)

/ Wallenstein WOW!
yes I am sure that the joy will subside, but the brush has been in a heap for over 2 years, and I have been wanting to clean the area up for a while now. I really wanted the chips/mulch for compost, but will need patience for that

Don't worry

The thrill will subside, and then those piles of brush will look like so many hours of work.

But you do get the piles of shreds and chips to compost ;-)

/ Wallenstein WOW! #6  
I had a 42 and all I can say is they are a great quality machine! Enjoy...

/ Wallenstein WOW! #8  
What's the difference between a chipper and a chipper/shredder?

A chipper uses sharp knife edges to make chips out of solid wood, typically cutting them into a great size for mulch or compost if you leave them for a couple of years. It is less happy with branches under say half an inch in diameter. A shredder tears up smaller branches and brush nicely but doesn't like larger stuff. Typically you get a lot of small twigs that don't make very good mulch but will decompose into compost in a few years. A chipper/shredder has separate sections for each function.

Terry

/ Wallenstein WOW! #9  
A chipper uses sharp knife edges to make chips out of solid wood, typically cutting them into a great size for mulch or compost if you leave them for a couple of years. It is less happy with branches under say half an inch in diameter. A shredder tears up smaller branches and brush nicely but doesn't like larger stuff. Typically you get a lot of small twigs that don't make very good mulch but will decompose into compost in a few years. A chipper/shredder has separate sections for each function.

Terry

Terry

If I may add to your comment

The "chipper/ shredder" combinations that I see presently offered by the several manufacturers send the "chipped" material through the "shredder" section of the implement. This secondary processing with the hammer mills and screen put out quite a different product than does a straight knife chipper.

Just a subtle twist in the description.... but cuts the composting time in half...;-)

/ Wallenstein WOW!
All the quotes I got around here were north of 4500. I have been looking for a used one but to no avail. I can see the quality of the Wally lasting years, and I have a ton of work for it to do. I hope I can manage the hours to do it.

What do they sell for?