Chipper Wallenstein WOW!

/ Wallenstein WOW! #11  
I just upgraded from Wallenstein '42 to '62. Both were manual chippers only - i.e. no shredder - no hydraulic in feed. The BX42s was $2650 and the BX62s was $4500.

The manual Wally chipper will jerk the trees out of your hands so fast and hard that at first it will frighten you. I feed everything - brush, limbs, whole trees thru the chipper with no difficulty at all. I've used a Wally chipper here since I bought the '42 in 2003.

/ Wallenstein WOW! #12  
I have been looking at them as well....with all the issues here lately I am a little leary about burning.

/ Wallenstein WOW! #13  
I just upgraded from Wallenstein '42 to '62. Both were manual chippers only - i.e. no shredder - no hydraulic in feed. The BX42s was $2650 and the BX62s was $4500.

The manual Wally chipper will jerk the trees out of your hands so fast and hard that at first it will frighten you. .

So I guess your saying it's best not to have your sleeve snagged on the limb. (FARGO anyone? :eek:)
What was your reason to upgrade?

/ Wallenstein WOW! #14  
I would think you did well not to have a pair of gloves for limbs to catch on. Might be hard on your hands but safer than a snagged glove. Thanks for the info, I have a chipper on my wish list.

/ Wallenstein WOW! #15  
There's a BX60 (not 62) for sale sort of nearby. Hard to find info on what the difference is. Another thread here says the 62 is an upgrade, they went from 3 blades to 4, more air vents and added a "branch breaker?".
Is the flywheel the same weight? Anybody have good information on the BX60. Can you get parts, other than knives?

/ Wallenstein WOW! #16  
Best prices when I bought was from Woodward Crossings in PA - VERY reasonable shipping and they were great to work with. I seem to recall they have a website with prices on it.

Last edited:
   / Wallenstein WOW! #17  
Here's what a pile of pine branches looks like after the bxm32 gets a hold of them.

Attachments

• image-634541522.jpg
    image-634541522.jpg
    683.7 KB · Views: 222
  • image-1907639556.jpg
    image-1907639556.jpg
    696.3 KB · Views: 244
   / Wallenstein WOW!
great pictures, how long did it take to make that pile? I made a good 2 CY in about an hour two people feeding it.

Here's what a pile of pine branches looks like after the bxm32 gets a hold of them.

/ Wallenstein WOW! #19  
great pictures, how long did it take to make that pile? I made a good 2 CY in about an hour two people feeding it.

Just over an hour the trick is to stack all the branches going in the same direction as you cut the trees up. Then the chipping goes fast as you can feed the beast! The chips have worked out great as a cover for all my woodland trails.

/ Wallenstein WOW!
that was my main purpose as well to use it as trail cover, but I may use some as compost and try and let time turn it into something for my garden. I made a few branch piles this Winter, but the weather was such that I was doing good to get them into a pile, and the branches were not lined up.

Just over an hour the trick is to stack all the branches going in the same direction as you cut the trees up. Then the chipping goes fast as you can feed the beast! The chips have worked out great as a cover for all my woodland trails.