Weather Stations

/ Weather Stations #81  
Enough of a wx break to get station installed.

IMG_2244.JPG

Wife not happy that there isn’t comparable rain accumulation data to Davis especially Monthly & Yearly. Anyone found a work around/3rd party?
IMG_0467.JPG

/ Weather Stations #82  
The only thing I can see is that it keeps the rainfall in history. I can go back 8 months, to the day I set it up, and see the total rainfall for each day. But you are right it does not total the rainfall weekly/monthly/yearly. It seems like that would be a easy program to add when they do a software update.
Something to ask them if it is on the table.
Is the lack of rain totals enough for you to return it? You have 60 days.

/ Weather Stations #83  
Enough of a wx break to get station installed.

Wife not happy that there isn’t comparable rain accumulation data to Davis especially Monthly & Yearly. Anyone found a work around/3rd party?
You can send it to Weather Underground. That's what I use for my Davis Vantage Pro, as does my neighbor, who has a Tempest.

All the best, Peter

/ Weather Stations #84  
Don, At this point I don’t think I’ll be returning it. The IP data send for Davis costs almost as much as the whole Tempest and my VP2 is almost as old as the old it replaced. Gonna depend on the residential feedback I get.
The Monthly / Yearly accumulated rain feature has been requested so many some hope. I have found an app btstWX that does the monthly
IMG_0472.JPG

Also looking at Carrot, more for the watch.

/ Weather Stations #85  
Didn’t realize till now I can download all my weather data from ambient. But it only has the last 4 hrs of the day, for every day. Gotta figure this out.

I also thought I was on wunderground but didn’t see it, so now it’s there.

/ Weather Stations #86  
Peter, I’ve had my Davis on WU since the beginning. Always depended on it for long term history, but the upgrade this past year seemed to cripple.
I did create a 2nd site for the Tempest but it isn’t correct location. I have an email into WU asking about it. It appears best I can get is a monthly table that would give me data to sum manually. Hoping for a way to get a running total for yearly similar to weatherlink.
Not particularly happy with weatherlink as you have to upgrade to Pro (paid) to get history and be able to share. At least WeatherFlow is easily accessible.

/ Weather Stations
Paul, how did you determine how far above the Davis?

Very scientifically. It was exactly the length of the piece of 1” PVC that was in the pile of pipe.

/ Weather Stations #88  
Peter, I’ve had my Davis on WU since the beginning. Always depended on it for long term history, but the upgrade this past year seemed to cripple.
I did create a 2nd site for the Tempest but it isn’t correct location. I have an email into WU asking about it. It appears best I can get is a monthly table that would give me data to sum manually. Hoping for a way to get a running total for yearly similar to weatherlink.
Not particularly happy with weatherlink as you have to upgrade to Pro (paid) to get history and be able to share. At least WeatherFlow is easily accessible.
I am sorry. I didn't understand that you wanted annual data. You might ask WU if they will put the annual totals in. They used to be pretty responsive, but I haven't asked them anything for years.

All the best, Peter

/ Weather Stations #90  
Any follow up observations? In my case the 2 aren’t tracking exactly. Guessing my VP2 rain measuring could be fouled. I know the Davis anemometer is problematic.
But the most obvious disconnect for us (especially wife) is the lack of accumulated rain data on the Tempest. I have spent far too much time looking for a work around and come up short. Probably 98% of time wife clicks on weatherlink it is to check rain and temp.

So, the challenge becomes what to do. The expected stimulus check provides for a solution - keep both.

Davis IP data logger is a problem. No longer a listed product, doubt there is any further on tech support. It only connects intermittently. I did apply a firmware update, but didn’t solve issue.
The replacement is a hub, similar to Tempest. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PVCV8Q6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Live most Davis, not cheap.

I also found a tune up kit Amazon.com : Davis Instruments 6997 Vantage Pro2 Complete Tune Up Kit : Garden & Outdoor

The Tempest does have features I like such as the Solar radiation, Lightning strikes etc, so while I could add the pricey Davis extra sensors I’ll just keep the Tempest instead. I’ll have to remember to thank our son for treating from his inheritance

I’m thinking I will keep them colocated for now.