weather website or app?

/ weather website or app? #11  
The US Gov (NOAA/NWS) owns and operates the GOES satellites that most other weather services use the data from...

I second and third the National Weather Service site...

Their forecasts are updated no less than every hour and are as accurate as any other weather service...they may not make the same type of longer range forecasts that TV station weather services do but you can always watch your local TV stations and use the NWS sites for the best available data...

IMO ALL the commercial WX sites suck canal water...!

/ weather website or app? #12  
I use Accuweather, Wunderground, and lately PWSweather.com. Kind of liking PWS the best lately.

Eddie, install AdblockPlus (free) and see if that helps. I just logged on to Wunderground and it blocked 5 ads, then on to PWS and it blocked 1 ad. If you don't want/can't use Adblocker, then I recommend you switch to PWS for less ads.

/ weather website or app? #13  
I got so sick of other websites and apps that I made my own weather app (Wx) many years ago, and it's since become pretty popular among people who want facts and details with no fuss. There is a common frustration with weather information among many people, and I think it's because the commercial companies got greedy and maybe got too flashy and resource intensive, while simultaneously dumbing things down (how you can go in opposite directions boggles my mind). I just can't stand flashy weather apps -- they try too hard to impress and totally blow it.

Eddie, if you're on a Mac, iPhone, or iPad, PM me and I can send you a coupon code to get the app for free. You've contributed so much to TBN and helped me over the years, it's the least I can do.

/ weather website or app? #14  
I use Accuweather, Wunderground, and lately PWSweather.com. Kind of liking PWS the best lately.

Eddie, install AdblockPlus (free) and see if that helps. I just logged on to Wunderground and it blocked 5 ads, then on to PWS and it blocked 1 ad. If you don't want/can't use Adblocker, then I recommend you switch to PWS for less ads.

I consider WU to be spyware. It's not so much the ads as their collection of personal information for sale to others.

/ weather website or app? #15  
I use the NOAA weather app on my iphone. They bug me to upgrade to pro for $10/yr every time I launch it but I X out of it and the remaining ads aren't overbearing.

/ weather website or app?
I got so sick of other websites and apps that I made my own weather app (Wx) many years ago, and it's since become pretty popular among people who want facts and details with no fuss. There is a common frustration with weather information among many people, and I think it's because the commercial companies got greedy and maybe got too flashy and resource intensive, while simultaneously dumbing things down (how you can go in opposite directions boggles my mind). I just can't stand flashy weather apps -- they try too hard to impress and totally blow it.

Eddie, if you're on a Mac, iPhone, or iPad, PM me and I can send you a coupon code to get the app for free. You've contributed so much to TBN and helped me over the years, it's the least I can do.

Thank you, but I'm with Verizon on a Samsung. I tried Apple a few years ago and just didn't feel comfortable with it.

/ weather website or app?
I'm gettin' so old and forgetful that I don't remember the name of our member who was a former employee of the National Weather Service I believe and he recommended:

National Weather Service

And that's what I've been using ever since.

Are you thinking of Mike? or MIKIM? He passed away a few years ago from an accident sharpening his zero turn mower blades.

He told me that with all the satelites that they had, and all the computers that they had, there was one guy in the office that had a "nack" for guessing what the weather was going to do better then anything else.

/ weather website or app? #18  
I use the NOAA weather app on my iphone. They bug me to upgrade to pro for $10/yr every time I launch it but I X out of it and the remaining ads aren't overbearing.

Unless I am mistaken...this is 100% FAKE BS...The NOAA/NWS is 100% FREE....I have never seen any solicitation for purchasing any faction of the data provided by the NWS sites...!

Yes the NWS does offer an app for mobile devices but like their other services they are 100% free...!!!

Be informed and not gullible to fake news...!!!

/ weather website or app? #19  
Weatherbug App gets my vote

/ weather website or app? #20  
I've been happy with the free Weatherbug app on my iPhone. I think it's also available on Android.