weather website or app?

/ weather website or app? #1  

EddieWalker

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Several, all used and abused.
For awhile I was happy with Accuweather, but then they started hitting me with ads so much that I had to find another site. Weather.com was pretty good, but now they are pushing to upgrade all the time and I don't want to pay $10s s month to watch the radar.

Who do you use and recomend?

/ weather website or app? #2  
I am a weather junkie, Eddie, and I live by the WeatherUnderground (wunderground.com).

/ weather website or app? #4  
WeatherUnderground has gone downhill in the last few years, since they sold out. The site takes forever to load because it uses huge reams of javascript that it doesn't need. A lot of sites do this but they're the worst. They have removed useful features. And they are pivoting to sell user-provided weather data to businesses. Which is kind of annoying if you have been uploading your weather station data to them.

However they still have one of the better web sites. Weather.gov is also good but not as good. They do have a neat feature where you can click on a location on a map and get the weather forecast for that spot. (it's calculated). That's useful if you're in mountains or far from weather stations.

For apps I like DarkSky. The wunderground app is so bad I deleted it.

/ weather website or app? #5  
Weather...you folks might find this interesting.

LightningMaps.org

/ weather website or app? #6  
WU has been bought and sold so many times recently it seems like nobody wants to own it. I stopped using it 10 years ago or more.

Now, the only weather site I use is the local NWS Forecast site. Find yours off weather.gov

/ weather website or app? #7  
I'm gettin' so old and forgetful that I don't remember the name of our member who was a former employee of the National Weather Service I believe and he recommended:

National Weather Service

And that's what I've been using ever since.