Webasto Diesel heater in Toolcat

/ Webasto Diesel heater in Toolcat #1  

laurencen

Veteran Member
Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat 5600T Kioti CK20, Cat D2 dozer, Cat 420 tractor loader, Deer 644E loader, Bobcat E32 mini and Bobcat 590 skidsteer, Toro Groundsmaster 325D
finally looking at installing a Webasto coolant heater in my Toolcat, before I begin has anyone done this? where did you plumb in the lines? where did you mount it? picked the heater up last fall it has remote on so handy on snowy days like today, seems we have had way more snow this year thus far

/ Webasto Diesel heater in Toolcat #3  
It looks like the heater gets spliced into the heater hose going from the engine to the heater core. The way everything is so tightly packaged in the Toolcat, I'm sure it will take some ingenuity to get it to fit.

/ Webasto Diesel heater in Toolcat
not installed as yet, not much of any room under box and forget about under cab, have to get the UTV out the shop and pull it in for a better look, its too cold to du much outside these days

I was hoping someone had figured out where to mount on

/ Webasto Diesel heater in Toolcat
well took a good look around the machine and there is literally no where to mount this unit on the machine, figured possibly in the wheel well but rear steer makes this location a bust, they sure pack lots of stuff in this small space, its been some time since I looked under the seats to see what room is under there but need a battery size area for install

/ Webasto Diesel heater in Toolcat #6  
Had a thought.....

I have installed these in boats multiple times so am pretty familiar with them.

Since you would only be using it for the winter, would it be possible to just build the system into a gasketed pelican box or toolbox that you could just strap into the dump bed?

Exhaust out the box shouldn't be too tricky with some shielding so the plastic doesn't melt.

During the warm months, you can just pull the hoses from the T's in the engine compartment and block them off.

Even add a valve to both sides of the loops and add some quick disconnects after the valves to make it plug and play.

Would also make the fuel system simpler by just throwing a dedicated diesel tank in the bed for the furnace to draw from instead of tying into the ToolCat fuel system. Never good to tie into an existing feed or return, these furnaces always should have their own pickup from the tank.

Something along these lines

What do you think?